Solutions for Frizzy Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sam Tarly • Jul 16, 2014.

1. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I've been blessed (or should I say cursed?) with thick, wavy hair, but one of the biggest problem I've had with my hair type is that it's really prone to getting frizzy. I've tried a number of products to help me out, but what they usually do is make my hair really greasy and shiny without doing much to eliminate the frizz. Recently, I've started using the Paul Mitchell super skinny serum for soothing my hair, and it's been working well but it doesn't solve the problem. Do you guys have any recommendations?

2. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    My hair gets really frizzy too, and the best thing that helps me to manage is reducing the number of times I shampoo. I will either skip washing my hair all together or just use conditioner instead of shampoo and conditioner most days, probably only use shampoo once or twice a week.

As far as products go, the only one I swear by is Redken Satinwear...which is actually a blow-dry cream but I just use a little dab as a de-frizz/smoothing lotion and I love how it tames flyaways and smells great.

3. Kimmy24

Kimmy24New Member

Threads:
    I'm such a girl, I love talking hair. LOL. I am also an expert in hair loss and hair extensions, so I hope my advice helps. My thought process tend to be nutritionally focused. Firstly, Shoplady's advice is going in the right direction. Frizz can only be tamed with moisture ... H2O water. Simple really when you think about it, so to start you will need to rinse your hair with water just water as many times per week for your particular frizzy dilemma. You can rinse daily to start, try twice a week with a weekly shampoo and you can add rinse days if needed. You can use conditioner if you'd like, to rinse wash your hair; you might find it easier to tame your locks that way. Make sure you choose a conditioner without any toxic chemicals or mineral oil, they will conflict with your goal. Now your all moisturized, all we have to do now is to lock that moisture in. Drying your hair need to be as gentle as possible, now rubbing with the towel and forget the blow dryer completely. What you want to do is to collect the excess water from your hair, so blot blot blot until it stops dripping. So you don't, get a head cold you can lightly blow dry your roots ONLY, lifting the root as you do it if you'd like a little volume. Add friz control serum or hair pomade, again without any toxic chemicals; Paul Mitchell is pretty reliable. If the serums don't last all day, you can add a leave it conditioner (detangler with protein if you can) with rose oil and jojoba oil mixture. This will strengthen and hydrate your hair to last all day long, smooth some oil or serum over the top to give your hair an additional protective barrier. Brocato is a line fabulous line of hair care products, guaranteed improvement in the feel and look of your hair and so highly recommended.:cool:

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about a little bit of Argan oil? Would that be too greasy? I use it every day, and it feels great. I also like using a hair balm made of fruit stem cells. It's from Andalou Naturals. I love that brand.
    I have very straight, thin hair, but in humid weather it tends to get frizzy and stand away from my head in all directions. I often use balms and tonics to keep it from looking too messy.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Paul Mitchell on my hair also for moisture. I like to keep my hair short to control it better, keeping it short helps to control the friz.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    To prevent my hair from getting frizzy, I wash out my natural curls with a conditioner. This helps keep my hair moist and hydrated. I only found out about this process a couple of years ago, which really was a lifesaver. After getting an IUD (Mirena), the texture of my hair began to change and become extra dry. So, I began experimenting with ways to revive my hair and washing with a conditioner really effective.

Good Housekeeping Article on this Topic -