Some Women's Fashion Being Questioned...

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Feb 19, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I recently heard on television that the thinness of some designs in women's fashion will be reviewed for the obvious physical exposure through sheer fabrics. Has anyone else heard this?

I wonder 'why now?' Women have been wearing designer fashions and the like for eons that are made of sheer fabrics. It's apparent that these designs have offended someone to the point that it is an issue to be put on the table for discussion.

What are your thoughts?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, this has been going on for years. Now all of a sudden there are those who want to question whether these fabrics are too sheer. Where were these people when some clebrities have worn dresses so scandalous that you wonder why they even bothered to put something on. The most recent of these being Beyounce last year, who knows maybe that's what has sparked all of this. But again its been going on for quite awhile this wasn't the first incident of a sheer dress being worn by a celebrity so why crack down now when its been happening for years. Also, how will designers feel about the work being scrutinized after all it could be viewed as if they are being censored and they may not like that too much.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Who is calling it in to question? Who is reviewing it? I highly doubt this would be going anywhere, it makes no sense unless it's in a place women are legally expected to cover up. For the sake of discussion though, if it became a thing, I would so annoyed. Really tired of people slowly being caged. At this point, they just have to throw away the key.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't see what the fuss is about. Celebrities have been dressing like this for years and are always displaying their bits and pieces to the world. In any case, fashion is always going to be picked apart by critics. In any case, if, say, Madonna started covering up, we'd all wonder what was wrong with her!

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I heard this on television and have been trying to find more about it online but I haven't so far. I'll keep looking though.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I'm not sure why people care so much about this stuff either. People are just prudes I guess. The human body is a natural thing. We were born naked so who cares if the outfit is showing a little skin. If a person has a problem just don't look.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Who will the fashion reviewers be? A few suit-wearing middle-aged men? A few women who are displeased with the objectification of their sex maybe? I think it's a little bit too late anyway. Fashion-wise we are heading back to the cave-man era. If people want to walk around naked, why should they be stopped?

8. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Well if this has to do more with quality than with fashion, then I understand it. I am a big clothes shopper and I have certainly noticed over the years that fabrics are getting sheerer, thinner, and more transparent. I highly doubt it has anything to do with fashion, and more to do with a manufacturer's bottom line. There are some things I have picked up that are almost unwearable because the fabric is too see through, and the style of clothing isn't skimpy or anything, so the fabric doesn't even suit the style. Really I think it is just quality going by the wayside.