Sometimes I wonder

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JaydonTyler • Jun 18, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Are the people around me even real? Some people I come across on a daily basis, seem to be retarded. And I mean that.

I can be talking about one topic (clearly), while someone starts going on about another like they don't even understand English. You can lay all the facts out in front of them and still they seem to be unaware of whats going on. You can be arguing with them and they will keep repeating one thing over and over even though you clearly explained yourself making their point completely meaningless.

These people don't seem to hear everything that is said. it's almost like they make up details instead of listening to what you are saying. I repeat something over and over and still they act like I have yet to say anything.

Why are these people becoming more common by the day? I come across people like this all the time. They dont seem like real people. it seems like they are robotic people with low intelligence.

The movie Idiocracy is taking place on our planet this very moment.

2. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    I have no idea why this is becoming more prevalent, JaydonTyler. I wish I did. Perhaps it's in the way we, as a people in general, are raised. Or maybe they really do have some sort of physical/mental problems. It can be difficult to get through to such people and very frustrating, even if you try to see things from their side and explain it in the best way you can while making it seem like you are with them rather than against them.
    They do not see sense/logic perhaps because it makes them feel unhappy and unsatisfied. They want to feel that they are good/right and will do anthing to win arguments, even attacking the person making them.

I find that the best way to deal with people who won't change their minds or at least try to see things from your side and do not make logical/sensible arguments to support their conclusions is just not to argue. Those types have to find their answers on their own, if they find them at all, in order for things to sink in and, one hopes, stay there. They will not always apologize to you, once they've seen the error of their ways, like a potential employer who says they'll call you back even if you don't get the job but doesn't, and this will be doubly frustrating if they tell you the point you were trying to make to them as if it was their own idea. However, they will hopefully learn better.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, some people want nothing more to win an argument and that can mean winning arguments they lost. What i mean by that is, some will raise their voice and "argue" literally anything. They use an aggressive tone and shout out words that quite often don't even relate to the topic. Some people just want to keep talking until the other person gives up and that makes them feel like they've won.

What I like to do is keep calm and let them yell, then hit them with points that make them feel like an idiot. It hits them deep when you calmly state points that completely blow the argument wide open showing even them that they are stating meaningless words and not listening to me why they do it. When you smile at someone while calmly explain why a person is acting silly, their argumental attitude is stopped and they give up.

I've realized that MOST arguments happen because some people like to argue. That's cool, let them do that.