Songs or Singers That Annoy You

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Aug 1, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm sure there are bound to be one or two songs or singers that are bound to annoy most of us here, even if just slightly, and I'd like to hear which ones you guys would pick as the ones that really stick out in your memory.

I personally can still remember the time when Akon was very famous and a lot of hip hop songs had him as a feature. I honestly can't stand his voice. Not that I hate the guy or dislike the fact that he found success, in fact, I am glad he found a way to get paid for his voice, but I just find it very abrasive and it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm just glad he has stopped making songs so I don't have to hear him sing that much anymore.

Any particular singers or songs that you just can't stand? I'd love to hear more that I might be forgetting.

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I can not stand Taylor Swift. I personally think she has no talent. It is a thorn in my side that she is considered a country singer. No. A country singer is someone like George Strait. Even someone like Luke Bryan is more of a country singer than Taylor Swift will ever be. The other day, on the radio, I heard her referred to as a "legend" and I wanted to throw up. She hasn't been around long enough to be considered a legend. Get back to me when you have 60 number ones!

If the fans want to stand behind her, that's just fine. But keep her in the genre she belongs: POP.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ha I was going to say her too. I really can't stand her. I don't care what she's called as I don't like country anyways and it's not so much that has to do with her music. I mean I do think that she can't sing and find her voice grating whether singing live or digitized. I mainly can't stand her because she's a bitch. People can like her if they want to but it's bull that she's America's sweetheart when all she does is basically date as many guys as she can and then writes crap about them.

4. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    Agreed. It blows my mind that there are mothers out there who feel their daughters should admire Taylor. WHY would I want my daughter to look up to a singer who dates guy after guy and then gets "revenge" by writing crap songs about them. Whatever happened to teaching our daughters to be classy by taking the high road? Don't give a guy that broke your heart the time of day. Sorry to say but if you write a song about them, that IS giving them the time of day that they do NOT deserve!

5. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    Taylor Swift annoys me too. I do like some of her songs, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of hers. I'm tired of the innocent act she portrays to the public like she isn't a vengeful woman. You can tell how vengeful she is when she retaliates against the people she dates. She can't just end the relationship. She has to let the public know just how much she hates the person she was with instead of moving on with her life.

6. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    I'm so glad I am not alone in this. More often than not, I say something negative about Taylor Swift and her fans will just appear out of the woodwork, defending her and her music. Of course, this is usually on Facebook and they are usually about 13 years old so...there is that. :)

7. Nickchick

Threads:
    Yeah you're not alone at all. People defended her a few years ago but besides myself there are a bunch of people that have negative feelings about her so the general public must finally be getting tired of her. I try not to say too much if her fans are around but that's probably mainly because you never know who else they admire. This is just me though because most likely a Taylor fan will also be into the Jonas Brothers (which I am still into even though they broke up) so I don't want to ruin a possible connection. A lot of Taylor fans are younger too so I kinda just let it go because I'm not their parent and I don't want them to get the impression that they can't like who they like.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really dislike Lorde and Lana Del Rey. I don't like their songs, I think they are too dramatic and are not that talented. In the case of Lorde, she got a lot of press talking badly about Selena Gomez and hanging out with Taylor Swift... I don't like either one of them.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I could be on my own here but I can't most of the new singers who've got into the spotlight from 2005 on. There are many of them and most of the time I only listen to their music once and have enough of it. Most of the new singers aren't even talented but somehow they manage to be famous, get fans and believe they are really good when the fact is they aren't that good. At the top of my list are singers like Beiber, Taylor Swift and others.

And then there's James Blunt — the worst singer ever.

#9Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not in the current music crowd so I have no feelings for Taylor Swift. I don't like the Rap that uses all the bad words and call women the "B". To me this is not music and there is no excuse for the words used in the song. I hear people with kids in the car driving down the street with this stuff playing loud the car next to them can hear every word with the windows up. I remember the days when this type of stuff was not allowed on the radio. Even Elvis was sensored wiggling his hips.

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Taylor Swift annoys me. It's not because she lacks talent. I think she can sing. It's just the way she comes across as smug and over confident. She seems like the type of person who'd visit your home and then go room to room giving you unsolicited advice on how to rearrange your furniture in a better way.

TAYLOR-SWIFT.

12. Nickchick

Threads:
    I don't care much for a lot of rap songs either. It doesn't really bother me too much. I just kinda joke to my mom I should yell at them my music is better than your music because they play it so loud but in all seriousness, I'm really thinking meh everybody has different tastes.
    Of course I have a mouth like a sailor so that probably helps me to tolerate it.

Why did you post her picture? My eyes hurt :p
    But yeah that just makes me think of how I read this story recently about her giving love advice. I about cried laughing.

13. unstrung

unstrungMember

Threads:
    I have to somewhat disagree with this. I am a songwriter, and have found that one of the best resources that I can draw upon for song material is my own set of personal experiences. Some are wonderful, and some are gut-wrenchingly terrible, but I would be doing myself and my music a disservice if I were to pretend that any of them didn't happen. Rather, I think of writing a song about someone who broke my heart as a way of leveraging a completely terrible experience into something productive and potentially positive.

In terms of the question asked, I think many of the responses here have strayed somewhat from the intended question from the original poster. Looking at the initial post, it seems they were interested in finding out about artists who had VOICES which people found annoying, as opposed to artists who have repellant qualities as a person. I can't muster the same hate for Taylor Swift that some have posted, for the simple reason that I honestly don't care one tiny bit what she does in her personal life... her voice is better than terrible but worse than fantastic, and that's about the extent to which I let her occupy my brain.

Neil Young, on the other hand, is a guy whose voice just plain makes my ears angry ;-)

14. Nickchick

Threads:
    You don't have to pretend that it didn't happen. You seem like you'd be pretty classy about it. In fact I love Pink and she writes about her exes a lot. Anyway I love a good ex bashing song but it's the way that Taylor Swift goes about it that bothers me.
    Also you're probably right that it's more about the voice but her voice annoys me too. I think her voice wouldn't annoy me so much if it wasn't for all the stuff she's said/done because when I first heard her I didn't really get annoyed. I know you don't see as much of the media as I do and that's cool but I wouldn't even consider it a personal life. She makes it our business because she'll say the name or at the very least make it super obvious who she's singing about.
    I try to avoid even disliking most people but Taylor has been one of the few that has rubbed me the wrong way for a long time.

15. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    There are a bunch of singers I don't like. Personally, I like some of Miley Cyrus' songs, I'll admit that, but as a person, she really, really annoys me because it seems like she's trying far to hard to be relevant, no one needs to be sticking their tongue out in every picture or being plain nasty on stage. Same goes for Taylor Swift, well, sort of, I actually can't stand any of her music, but she's just a try hard that puts everyone on blast through her songs which is completely uncalled for.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Justin Bieber has been irritating me recently. His crime list and stupid stunts are growing in number. Drunk driving, beating up a 12 year old, saying that if Anne Frank were alive, she'd be a Belieber, buying a pet monkey and leaving it on an airplane, giving his pet hamster to a fan who ended up killing it, comparing the car crash he experienced to Princess Diana's death, and praying at a Japanese shrine that was devoted to Japanese war criminals. I never really liked Bieber's music, but he's a terrible person, so I don't think I'm going to start.

17. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. I like this post. Oh goodness, do I have the option to say all of them? I can't even get into music nowadays. The songs I listen to are from the early 2000s on back. Wow, who annoys me? I find Iggy and Taylor Swift to be my top 2 choices. I don't understand the hype around Iggy and Taylor should send Kanye West a thank you note for propelling her into mainstream popularity due to that 2009 stunt at an awards show. Oh yeah, and Kanye is another artist who annoys me so much with his self proclaim "genius" crap he always boasts about. It's something because I do have 2 of his albums and he's a great artist but I never liked him in interviews at all. So, there are my top 3 choices of annoying artists I cannot bare to stomach.

18. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Katy Perry I'm not the biggest fan of to tell you the truth. With every song she seems to sound different. I like to be able to recognize a singer when they come on and she sounds freakishly different to me with each song she does. And I don't like a good portion of the videos she puts out. You've seem some of them... I just don't think it sends the right message to girls.

19. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Its sad to see how he's gone down hill like so many others in young Hollywood. He had such a great story of being discovered . His recent antics are ridiculous, and its like is there no one in his inner circle who can keep him in check? I guess not.

20. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I also do not like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, or Justin Bieber. The one singer I can't stand that everyone yells at me for--Adele. I can't stand her voice. It is irritating and grates on my nerves. I don't understand why everyone thinks she is a great singer. No thanks, I'll pass!