Sony Vaio Laptop

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sazzydan • Jun 22, 2015.

1. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I have owned the Sony Vaio laptop for some time now and I am not too sure of its capabilities so far!

I have gone through four laptops in two years because I like to chase performance., but this one has to be one of the worst yet! I find it to be much slower than most, whether that be online or offline, it just seems as if it has no speed at all! The size of the laptop is good and I like the keyboard, but other than that I find it hard to find anything else that is good about it!

Has anyone else got this laptop who has found a way to speed it up? I am aware of some ways to speed up laptops, but none have worked for me yet!

2. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    The same advice to speed up laptops usually works regardless of the model. All you need to do is google search "How to speed up my laptop" and you should get some good results. Here are some basic tips : delete useless software that wastes resources in the background and turn windows basic on, These two things should help speed up your laptop without doing a lot of work. I hope I helped!.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never liked it as a laptop brand and I assume many others share my opinion since it's hardly as popular as it should be given that it's marketed similarly as Apple products and they even had a big head start. Having owned one before I found I liked and bought it more for the physical design of the laptop rather than the functionality or efficiency and I don't know how the new versions of it now are but I'm fairly sure that many other brands are now more capable of offering the same for a lower price.

4. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    See if you can find software known as C-cleaner and malwarebytes. (You can look them up if you're unsure about their credibility). Run them and watch as your computer significantly speeds up! I run mine once a month to make sure my laptop is kept at a good performance. It might work for you! <3

5. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    My roommate had one. It was broken but he was still able to use it. The wireless internet didn't work and neither did the sound. Sometimes the screen would just go completely black, too! That wasn't good for when he was taking notes for school or something. It got him through, but I remember it being a horrible laptop!

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard countless similar stories about Vaio laptops. It's surprising really, I'm a real fan of Sony products and always assumed that their mobile devices would have been comparable in quality.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    And the worst thing about Sony Vaio is the price tag, too high in comparison with other laptop brands, much less pricey.

8. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I find that Sony has done the same as Apple does with their products... overprice it for absolutely nothing special. I think that if you just assembled a laptop yourself (considering you could do that), you'd come off way better without paying the extra price. Saving $100 would definitely motivate making my own custom laptop, haha.

Nevertheless, congratulations on your acquisition!

9. Snakevenom

SnakevenomNew Member

Threads:
    Speeding up a laptop? Your kind of limited as you can't open it up and swap out parts. You can regularly defragment your hard drive, delete unwanted files and check out the task manager to stop processes (be careful not to stop windows processes, that may cause some problems). All of these should help improve performance, but it won't be any faster than the speed of what it was the day you bought it.