Spanx Alternatives?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SEA81 • Oct 10, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, ladies. I recently lost some weight, and I'm a little saggy in the stomach area... I am looking for something comparable to Spanx to help hold it in. Any suggestions? Preferably less expensive, but if it's great, I'll pay a little extra.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Congratulations on your weightloss. I have Spanx but I also shop at the Avenue. I bought shapewear by Maidenform last year and it works great. It really sucks you in well.

is the item at Avenue. If there isn't one near you you can buy online too. Today is 30% off everything in your shopping cart. :D

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Have you looked at places like Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc?

They usually have offbrands that are only a fraction of the cost. I can't vouch for how good they are because I haven't tried them. They tend to have good return policies, though, so if you hate them, you haven't lost anything.

4. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I think Spanx have a brand line called Assets that is cheaper. Although I can't really say that they are as effective as Spanx. But they are being manufactured by the same company and I have friends that swear that they are just practically the same in terms of "performance". You can try to check on their website. Or as Jessi said, try checking at Walmart or Kmart.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Spanx is sort of like sucking the breathe out of you and I don't like them at all. I wish they would get back to making girdles like they use to, at least you could wear them all day without being sucked all in and lose your breathe. I am praying that they come back with that line. The lady that makes spanx, she must be standing all day and never sit down.