Spinach & Feta Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Sep 29, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This has become one of my favorite recipes lately, and I've already made it a number of times. The blog itself is also really useful if you are looking for low cost recipes.

I splurge a little bit more though, and make mine on ciabatta bread rolls from Wal-Marts bakery section (they are perfect for this recipe!). I also use fresh spinach and fresh mozzarella (the stuff in a log/ball). I start off by toasting the roll in my toaster, then butter the top and bottom exterior. I saute some fresh spinach in a garlic infused olive oil, with some red pepper flakes. Then I assemble the sandwich with slices of fresh mozzarella, crumbled feta and the spinach. I place the whole thing into my George Foreman grill (a pannini press would be perfect for this as well) and let it cook until the crust is a golden brown and the cheese is melted though. Cut it in half and serve it with marinara for dipping.

2. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Oh man, this sounds so good, think I'm going to try this sometime soon! Thanks for the idea :3

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love spinach, it's one of my most favorite leafy vegetables, and not to mention it's really healthy for you too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm always on the lookout for healthy dishes, and this one's particularly great because it looks easy to prepare. I just hope I can find some feta, but I'm sure I can find a good substitute if it's not available.