spirit

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Melissast • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I was so excited when I saw there was a spirit store here. I've seen YouTube vedios of really creppy displays and cool people at the store. It looked like a fun place to be. I was wrong.

The spirit here dosent really have much, and what they did have was way over price. The layout of the store was chaotic nothing really went with anything, and there was no creppy scenes anywhere.

The staff wasn't even around. I could have walked off with there expensive costumes and no one would know. I saw a few outside smoking, and the rest where in the back talking. Spirit is a Halloween store, and is only around for a month or so. I can see people not really carding about a job there only having for a little while. It was a bit ridiculos though.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that does sound pretty bad- I think with Spirit it really varies by location. You're right in that some people don't really value the job very much or care about their interactions with customers so much because it's so seasonal, but for some employees it seems like just the opposite- like they're really excited to be a part of it and have something a little different for one month out of the year, and they can be really engaging and helpful. But I've had really variable experiences depending upon location...sometimes it lives up to the youtube-esque portrayal of it and sometimes it's more like what you described.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Considering the employees there are only going to be there for a couple of months, I can understand them not being particularly worried about losing their jobs - that includes management. It would take the main company more time to fire them and re-hire and train someone in the short time that they are open, that they probably don't reprimand any of the employees for anything to be honest.

The Halloween industry is a huge money maker though, they rake in billions of dollars in a short time span each year. I wish they would come down on the prices of their merchandise though, I would be happy to buy more there if I was getting a better value for my dollar.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The reason why those people acting as Spirit employees are so laid back and chilling out, is because they're showing their trust in the customers not to steal their products and they're not being nit-picking whiners complaining about every little moronic thing that doesn't accord to their bad attitudes!

OP, your responsibility and liability is not what the people acting as Spirit employee do, hence the reason this quote was created for,"Mind your own business." All humans have limitations and are bound to be imperfect, so I do not understand where and how you came to believe people have to be these prefect automatons who must perform exactly like he/she contracted to be and do every moment for their entire shift, because that thinking is truly ridiculous!

The only thing I care as a customer is this: whenever I need assistance, I require help, but if I don't require aid, then I could care less what people acting as employees of a business are doing.