Spotify Premium ?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by hosewalker • Jul 14, 2015.

1. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I have Spotify Premium and I absolutely love it. Some people think that $10 a month is a bit steep but I think that it is well worth it. The selection of music is crazy and the audio quality is perfect. Spotify's applications on Iphone, Android and PC are all great and easy to use. I would give the Spotify Premium service a nine out of ten, what do you guys think of Spotify premium ?.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    More than the amount of money to pay on a monthly basis, I'm not longer music lover so makes not much sense to pay Spotify premium because premium or basic, I know in advance this is a service that I may rarely use sometime.

I'm not prone to listen music while on the go either, so the mobile app makes no difference to me in this case.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use it and I'm fairly happy with the service. It's a great way of seeing what everyone is listening to and discovering new music and honestly the price is fine by me considering it's what I would have paid for just one cd in the past. You brought up a good point too that I could use it for multiple devices which makes the fixed fee worth it in my opinion. It's way more convenient than having to look for music from different sources each time.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter has been asking for a premium account, but we've been hesitant so far since she's been able to listen to the free version without any real problems. Can you listen to one account on multiple devices at the same time? It may be justifiable if she and I can share an account and both use it simultaneously on our own devices.

5. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    You can listen to Spotify on more than one device at a time. I once shared Spotify with a friend for six months without any real issue. Spotify is a great service and I would say that it would still be worth it even if it could only be used on one device at a time. If you're thinking about subscribing to Premium for the first time there are deals on the Spotify website for example there is an offer where you can get the first three months of premium for only $0.99.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. Spotify is one of the best values of any product really. $10 is so cheap with how much music you have access to. I wouldn't have a problem paying up to $30 really for how much music it gives access to. For anyone not on the premium service, not having to listen to the ads makes a HUGE difference. You might not think so now, but once you start using it without the ads, you'll realize how annoying they are. I'd give it a 10/10 really

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use it because the free version suits me just fine. I mean sure the constant ads are annoying but that's what you get for free service. There are ads on everything nowadays and with radio, it's just part of it to me (the ads that don't make sense to me is putting them on all youtube videos now). Also the way I figure it gives my lungs a break ha because I often belt out to the songs I listen to and I usually put Spotify on as background music so it doesn't annoy me as much.
    I just don't like paying for subscriptions. It's kinda similar to owing money to me. I mean you can stop them anytime but still would I?

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't afford the subscription right now but it seems like a good deal considering the amount of enjoyment you get from it.

That's what really matters. If you can stretch to it and it genuinely makes you happier then it is worth the money.

9. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Too bad Grooveshark needed to close its doors. It was a great alternative (and a free! one) to Spotify, but I guess free and premium don't go well in a phrase, haha.

As per the price they require, I don't know... it seems way too pricey. Though if you want to support their project, go ahead and do it. For me personally, it's not worth more than a couple bucks.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    On the one hand it seems like a fair deal for everything you get but on the other hand I really don't have the extra money for subscriptions like that at the moment and really the free version works well enough for me. It's nice that there are people who are satisfied to get premium, though. It's good that they get that support and that customer base.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved it when it first came out, but I stopped subscribing to it years ago because their software has become more and more bloated and buggy that it just became a nuisance to use. Plus most people don't realize that it actually acts as a peer to peer network (at least on desktop computers, not sure about mobile) and uses up your bandwidth to help share songs to other Spotify users. That's why it's so stubborn about shutting down - forcing you to right click on the tray icon to exit out of it completely - because if you simply just hit the X in the upper right corner, all it really does is minimize it. Plus it loads up another stupid helper application in the background every time you start Windows, which monitors your browsing to see if you are visiting a page with Spotify embedded in it - I don't need that kind of extra junkware on my system.

I have it installed and still use it once in a while, but it's rather slow to launch these days - sometimes it's just faster for me to find the songs I want to hear on Youtube.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I am actually enjoying Spotify as a free user. I get to listen to different playlists which in turn helps me be in the know for new music. I can also search for songs that I like. It is limited but it actually works enough for me.

I would love to create playlists so I can add the songs that I like. Sometimes, there are songs that I like to skip but I have already used up the skip button. So having a premium account can fix this. I am contemplating if the $10 a month will be worth it.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use any sort of music streaming service. I don't use Tidal, or spotify, or any of those services, and I struggle to understand why anybody would, when there are so many other free music downloading avenues online. Youtube is one, for sure, It is pretty easy to convert videos to mp3 format, and you don't have to stream that song again, you actually have it for keeps.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love and am an advocate for Spotify Premium. I have been using it for a couple years and never regretted it. It is so easy to use! Every music on earth is available there (minus Taylor Swift) you can create playlists, personalized radio stations, save music offline, listen to other people's playlists and also lists of music. I for example have Billboard top 100 playlist on my favorites and every time it's updated the music changes. I always feel on trend with new music and have no effort doing that!

15. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would be fine with the free version if I used Spotify on pc. The problem is that I use it almost exclusively on my phone, and you can only play songs in shuffle mode. I also tend to listen to music on headphones, and the 320 kbps quality you get with premium is worth it for me.

16. lalacrazy

lalacrazyNew Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize how much I needed spotify until I decided to not pay for a month. I lasted one day without it. The music selection and app are really good that no competitive streaming can measure up to it. The student discount is great, I only pay $5 a month, which makes spotify a great deal. The offline playlists are what make spotify worthy of my money.

17. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    Steep as opposed to what? Most music services run anywhere from $9-$14 per month, so it's bona fide is actually a pretty good deal.

I'm not sure if this deal is still on, but last month I signed up for a three month trial of Spotify for just one dollar per month. Can't beat that.

18. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Spotify Premium is great. What's not to love about being able to listen to practically any song, by any artist, any time you want? We've come a long way since having to tape songs off the radio. The subscription price is quite reasonable for what you get too. A lot better than having to go out and buy a bunch of different albums. That's for sure.

19. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know what the big deal is with Spotify Premium. You can just download the free app and have access to your favorite music online. Sure, it has that sometimes annoying voice over that eggs you to go Premium, but, hey is radio any better? You can just pass it off as commercial, and we have all experienced that growing up. Big deal! The free version is fine.

20. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I love Spotify Premium. Our data cap isn't very high, so I can't use Spotify Basic to listen to music when I'm out of the house. I prefer to download songs then listen to them offline. For $10, I can but 10 songs off of iTunes. But with Spotify Premium, $10 gives me unlimited access to millions of songs which I can download onto my phone and listen to offline. There's no more deliberation as to whether I like the song enough to pay for it, because if I get sick of a song, I can simply get it off my device without wasting money.