Spring Is In The Air

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • Mar 8, 2016.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to the warmer days and nights. I saw the trees my area have started to put out a few shots. In my area we have a very short spring season, one day it is freezing the next day it is 70 degrees and we are in a full blown summer.

It is time to start cleaning up the yard to plant new flowers and a vegetable garden. I think this year I will have more flowers than edibles in the garden. Dahlia's have very nice blooms, I may just have one plant in the
    yard.

What are you planting this spring?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, Spring is in the air, and it feels good! I will be probably planting some flowers and getting some flowers in the pot to sit out. I was just telling my friend that he should bring his woodchipper down because I can make a variety of mulches for ground cover. Also if it it fine enough, it can go around flowers.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    What I like best about spring besides the weather is the smell of fresh jasmine. Sunny days are more kickback and it's rarely hot. Sometimes really hot weather brings out the worst in people.

4. kkent

kkentNew Member

Threads:
    Of course,can't wait to welcome Spring.I like flowers and the degrees of Spring.Where I am living,is cold in Winter.Though Spring is short and I love it much more than Winter.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love that Spring is in the air and that the days and nights are going to be warmer. I do not have any plans to plant anything since we are going to be moving at the beginning of the summer. I do have tulips and daffodils starting to grow in my yard now though so that will be pretty when they flower.

6. NikkiR

NikkiRMember

Threads:
    I love Spring. The weather is still cool enough to get the yard work done. We already have a list of things that need fixing up. I don't usually plant anything, but we get a good amount of wild herbs. I love incorporating them into my cooking during the spring and summer.