Sprite Cranberry

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Spowys • Jul 17, 2014.

1. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I recently was at the store looking for a new soda to try, and I noticed that Sprite is making a cranberry flavor. So I picked it up and brought it home to try.

The drink is very interesting, overall I would recommend it but I prefer the original lemon lime sprite. The cranberry flavor doesn't exactly taste like real cranberries, but it is a pleasant flavor. The soda is also clear instead of red, which was a unique decision. The carbonation level is also about average, though I felt this drink could have benefited from more. This is definitely one you'll want to put over ice, I found it unappetizing at room temperature (moreso than most sodas).

Has anyone else tried this soda? If so, what do you think?

2. misterv520

misterv520New Member

Threads:
    Nope, this is the first time I've heard of it. It sounds tasty because its moderately warm where I live at the moment. I don't really drink soda regularly so I doubt I'll try it anytime soon. Cranberry is also the least of fruit sodas I'd go for, I just don't like the bitter taste of it.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sprite Cranberry is all right. What's the sugar content on it? I don't mind the taste, but it probably has tons of sugar in it, like Ruby Red Squirt, which has a whopping 70 or 80 grams of sugar per bottle. I'm not a huge Sprite fan, but I wouldn't avoid S. Cranberry if it was the only thing available at a party or something.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's the first time I hear about it, but because I love both cranberries and Sprite I would try it for sure if it comes to my country. Unfortunately these products are usually tried in the US only and if they don't make a huge success in sales they don't go to other countries, it's just not profitable enough for them. A shame though.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I really like Sprite Cranberry :) I had it for the first time during the holidays and I like the excellent balance of cranberries in it. I would only save it for the holidays though; just as a something special and not an every-day thing :)

6. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    Sorry but if I had to guess by the reception here it isn't going anywhere else! It just isn't a very good product, there's nothing unique about it since the flavor isn't even like cranberries, it's just like any other soda.