Sprout - New Advanced Smart Computers

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by TPhoenix • Nov 14, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    HP is releasing a next generation computer that revolutionizes the way we use computers. These computers are called Sprout. In a new innovative concept, these PC computers no longer use a keyboard and mouse and rely on touchscreen functionality on both the monitor and the digital mat that comes with it, allowing you to creatively manipulate 2D and 3D objects on the screen as well as play piano on projected keys. It also integrates and combines a built-in 3D scanner and projector to provide versatility and efficiency to users performing various tasks on it. What do you think about something like this and have you even heard of it yet until now?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Cool, this computer innovation sound very interesting to me. I definitely check out further details about it. It's about time keyboards and mouses start phasing out of use for more advance technological interfaces.

Thanks for the post.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would be hard for such an idea to catch on unless it's really revolutionary and useful, and also intuitive to users. Many people are just too deeply rooted to the convenience and ease of using a mouse/keyboard, having gotten used to it over the past two decades or so, a very strong driving force is needed to compel them to adopt Sprout.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem with projection mats is that they've failed miserably in past iterations. Various keyboards have tried to use projection in order to function, and every single one of them has been a bust with glitches and poor tracking. The concept of Sprout is interesting enough and could succeed, but the odds are stacked against it, especially since this is the first try at such a computer system. I don't have high hopes for it because it's probably not going to work as well as intended.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about the hp sprout pc just yesterday. I think it is what the next generation pc is going to look like or it might get even better in a couple of few years. This can be the start of it. And I think a lot of people will like it.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this new technology before. Sprout. It actually sounds fairly complicated. But then I suppose Windows and Macs would seem that way to people who have never had any experience with them too. Once you get to grips with a new operating system, you use your common sense from there on out and learning the new operating system becomes easy. The features that were listed don't sound like something that I would be particularly interested in to be honest.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd be one of the last to switch over to using the new tech. I'm sure that it will take quite some time for that technology to be perfected, at the very least, in order to be used not just by techies but by everyone from all walks of life and so on. This would be great for graphic artists, animators, etc but for ordinary folks I'm sure they'll opt to stick with their good old keyboards.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh touchscreen. I hate touchscreens to be honest with you, they're pretty inaccurate most of the times especially when it comes to typing. But I think it's great for projects and stuff like that especially when it comes to 3D. I can this popping out but then again the price and the overall performance would make or break it.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree to a certain degree. I enjoy that my smartphone is a touch screen one. But when that aspect of the technology freezes or fails to even work at all, what are you supposed to do? You are essentially unable to input anything into the device, same with these new Sprout computers, I am guessing. At east with the computers that we have now, there are a few ways to input information into the system, just in case one option is taken away or decides to not work.

10. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    This seems to be promising but I'm not sure how well this would go. I think touchscreen is the future but to some extent I still can't figure out why it would be a thing on computers. It's hard to have a touchscreen keyboard because to be honest, there's nothing that can replace muscle memory and it helps to have some sort of physical contact with the keys to be able to to tell that you're actually pressing the key.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    Luckily my smartphone, has three keys at the bottom of the touch screen. When my touchscreen - or the touch screen function - freezes, I can press one of those three buttons at the bottom. They will always work. The only problem is that ti further try to rid my phone of its freezing, after pressing one of the three keys, I will them be required to use the touch screen function again, which isn't working at the time. So I usually end up having to turn my phone off and restart it.

12. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Never heard of Sprout before. My uncles and my great grandparents have always been very observing of the way we use our computers, the way we sit and face the monitors, and the pain we experience after working hours. After about 30 minutes of just sitting down in front of my PC, I would need to move around and do stuffs, like wash my face or jog or walk around and chat. It's pretty exciting to have something like Sprout, which works on HP's principle of blended reality. Having to interact with the monitor could really change the way we perform our tasks. In addition, I think my cousin will like having a computer that makes learning music easy, because they are quite expressive :D with their music.

#12Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014