Staples versus Office Depot

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Gussie • Aug 31, 2012.

1. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    Just for quick reference - we buy shipping materials, and we find that the prices on the items at Office Depot, and their sale prices, are better than those at Staples. We enjoy Office Depot's ad circulars and specials, and they have a Worklife Rewards card that you can use in the store, on the phone or on the internet.

Oddly enough, we also have found bubble wrap at Home Depot - go figure!

2. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    I like the Worklife Rewards card too-I haven't seen much of a difference in prices between the two stores that are in our area, but I like the setup of Office Depot better...it seems to be easier to find things.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my local area, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples. I have been shopping at Staple longer, but Office Depot definitely wins on price.

4. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    I've been shopping at Staples for years, and I'm not even aware if there is an Office Depot in my area, but I do really like Staples. I have one of their personal accounts wherein I receive promos and coupons all the time. They seem to be really good at customer service, and although their stores are sometimes a little unorganized, I still pick Staples every time.

5. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    While I find Office Depot to still be a bit expensive, it is cheaper than the local Staples. Office Depot also has a "free after rebate" type deal where if purchased with their reward card, the cost of those items get stored on your account and can be applied to your next purchase within a certain number of days. While this is only helpful if you are going to be buying something there anyway it is still a pretty good deal.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Office Depot usually does have cheaper prices but it can depend on the item. Staples can run some really good sales and at those times, a particular item may actually be cheaper at Staples. I would have to say that Staples has much better customer service as well. The Office Depot is closer to where I live so I usually just go there if I need office supplies.

7. mazhar1432

mazhar1432New Member

Threads:
    Price wise, Office Depot wins but remember that Staples is more popular and has better ratings due to its massive stock of office supplies and school stuff and electronics like printers, cameras, and other gadgets. Depending on what you need, try both places and compare.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've shopped at Staples for years and honestly haven't even thought about office depot in forever. lol. We don't even have one in my area, but it is interesting that their prices seem to be more competitive.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have mostly only dealt with Staples. They're the only one I had access to in the last couple areas that I lived. And now, because I'm already comfortable with them, I tend to continue shopping there, even when I have the option of Office Depot.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Often I can not find what I what at Staples and will find it at Office Depot. The store brand ink for my printer is less expensive at Office Depot. Both stores are in very convenient locations in my area which does make it good when I need to go shopping for office supplies.

11. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I see them both as two flavors of the exact same thing.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer staples because of the rewards system. I think I get so much out of it that Office Depot just wouldn't compare. I have also been only shopping at staples my whole life so changing and switching to Office Depot is not something I want to do.
    Staples also has their one penny sales in the beginning of September which is something I can never say no to.
    It is pretty amazing to have such deal!