Star Wars Trilogy

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by H.C. Heartland • Dec 3, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Since the announcement of the new Star Wars movie that will be coming out: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens, there has been alot of fans re-watching the original films. (Walmart has the original Trilogy on sale for 34.99, this includes: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.) Although technically, if one wants to watch them in order of story line you would need to have: 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, and 6. But the digital improvements on the films that were released later make it hard to watch before.

Which of the 6 is your favorite Star Wars movie? (I have to stick with my original fav: The Emprie Strikes Back. Despite the sad ending which is not the norm for me in the favorites category, I just can't resist the scary storm troopers, the lovable androids, and the love story.)

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I am on the camp where you can forget about the last three; the original three are the only ones worth watching IMHO. The first two are my favorite, but I don't have huge expectations for the next installment. I expect the television channels will also show a marathon session, the same as they did on May 4th.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you! Usually everyone I talk to is in love with the newer digital formats. I like the original three too. Although just recently I was reading an article that was talking about which order to watch them in and the writer said you could toss #1 all together! How in the world can you disregard #1 all together? I mean, it has sentimental value at the very least and so the only thing I can think of is the writer of the article was born at a time when the original trilogy was already old. Not to date myself, but my mom took me and a friend to see number one and #2 I remember watching at a drive-in. The technology, sound track and story line was out of this world for its time. So when I watch it all those feelings come back. I guess if you started off watching the other ones you wouldn't feel the same way about it. But for die hard fans, I don't think you can honestly do a marathon and not include the first one.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The different generations don't quite understand the original trilogy and I have the video trilogy (several sets) at home for nostalgia. The problem is that people that watched them chronologically out of sequence will be confused, as the 'last three' had errors and things were made up to try and explain things.

I would rather forget the last three existed, because really we don't need them. The future is what matters, but they rejected George Lucas's offer to be involved, which I'm not sure was a good idea, I mean the characters are his creation.

5. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to go with the 3rd one, Revenge of the Sith. I remember going to watch the movie in the theaters and how awesome the special effects were. I then bought it as soon as it came to DVD and was watching it on average once a night for a few weeks. I did eventually get burnt out on it, but still enjoy watching from time to time.