Starbucks Customer Service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by largecow • Apr 26, 2014.

1. largecow

largecowMember

Threads:
    Hello everyone,

I would like to share a story about my Starbucks experience. I went through my local Starbucks drive through last March. I have the gold card so I get a free birthday drink/food on my birth month. I ordered the biggest cup with all the possible custom things I could add to it to get my money's worth. My bill came down to $5.89 which is not too bad.

I handed the lady my gold card and said that I have a free birthday drink. She scanned my card and said that she couldn't find it and that the coupon is not going through. I panicked as I didn't have any money on me. I know it sounds stupid but I just went for a drive down the street from my house so I didn't really feel like grabbing cash.

Seeing the panick in my face, she said it's all right and that she will comp it. I felt so relieved and grateful at the same time. She was so nice and she spoke in a way that is not accusing. She didn't talk like I was trying to get a free drink at all. She was so professional.

Share your Starbucks Customer Experience story here be it good or bad!

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like Starbucks Customer Service to me!
    I work at a big automotive company, and when trying to improve out customer experience they decided to do benchmarkings with several companies that are said to be the top of the top when it comes to customer service. Starbucks was one of them, and the things they do for customers are really outstanding. It makes me happy to read your comment and see that what they claim actually happens in real life!

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to go to Starbucks too much, but any time I go there, the workers are always very nice and friendly. Thanks for sharing your experience there. :) it's always nice to hear someone say something good about a company, rather than complain!

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    This is not one of my favorite stores but I do appreciate the staff who do try to make it an enjoyable experience. The one in my old neighborhood would let anyone in with their laptop, whether they bought something or not. Another time, the manager got an attitude because I wanted caramel sauce instead of syrup (clear). According to the website, I should not have been charged extra as it is part of the drink.

From what I've read in magazines, this is one of the best companies to work for and when it comes to pastries and other edibles, they have more to offer than Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (the other coffee franchise). However, Coffee Bean...has better customer service.

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Service from Starbucks depends wholly on what branch you go to. You can't just say that Starbucks service it's bad if you experienced it in only one branch. It's important for all branches of a company to have a good sense of professionalism. Starbucks in my opinion has incredible service and outstanding employees. It also depends on the branch again, but we all have different experiences. I'm just sharing mine.

6. LivetoErr

LivetoErrNew Member

Threads:
    I've been to a lot of Starbucks locations and have only had issues with the stores in Mexico.

US locations (I'm Canadian) have always been top notch. They have given us free drink coupons for having to wait longer than normal in the drive-thru, among other things. Canadian locations don't seem to be quite as giving but I've never had an issue with them, either. Well accept locations at Target. They won't allow you to use your iPhone app or credit you your stars.

Mexico is a whole other story. It's a separate system and they still follow the old reward system. You get a free drink with 15 stars and one free extra shot or soy milk for free. This benefits me because I get mine with soy milk and the 7 peso deduction makes a difference. However, their systems are always down and they will not credit you later because "they don't know what you bought". I had every receipt but that didn't matter. Also, even though they know you're a card holder, when their systems are down, you have to pay for the extras. You'd think they could wave it being they know I'm a gold member. When their system was down I missed out on a free drink as they would not credit me my stars. I stated my point via email and they basically told me it is what it is and the case is closed, they would no longer discuss the issue with me.

7. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I don't go to Starbucks nearly as often as I used to, but it definitely isn't because of their lack of customer service. In fact I feel like their customer service is among the best that I've seen. The last time that I went, the person in front of me drove off without their change. They made me wait at the window while they tried to run the person down before they took off without their money. That is A+ customer service in my book.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty nice. I don't have any super amazing stories about Starbucks customer service, but I haven't ever had a bad experience there. They're always friendly to me when I go there, and it never takes long to get my drink. Plus, they never mess up my order, which I can't say about other restaurants and such.

9. LivetoErr

LivetoErrNew Member

Threads:
    I've had them mess up my order twice.

The first time, the barista gave me a pumpkin spice frappuccino instead of my ordered caramel. I tasted it and was like, "WTF?!". We mentioned the error and the guy profusely apologized. He said that he made so many of them that day, it was an auto-pilot type error. We got a free drink coupon, my caramel frappuccino and were asked to keep the one made in error.

The second time, the barista (different location) forgot to add the coffee to the frappuccino. When the window guy gave it to us, both my boyfriend and I noticed immediately there was something off with it. It was off white (when it's normally light brown) so we handed it back to the guy. He insisted it was supposed to look like that and my boyfriends was darker because it was a mocha. Uh, no; his is darker yes but, not like this. Then, the person who actually made the drink came to the window saying he didn't really remember putting the coffee in it. So they made me a venti (instead of my grande), recognized the color difference and sent us on our way. Granted, the other location would have given us a free coupon along with the venti but I wasn't complaining. We did start making it a point to go to the other location though.