Starbucks will begin offering beer and wine.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Allison2021 • Dec 4, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Starbucks will begin offering beer and wine. :confused:
    That right! Your neighborhood Starbucks' atmosphere is about to change. Those stores that are open after 4:00 will soon offer beer and wine. What Starbucks isn't open after 4:00? All the ones I know are open until late in the evening.
    I associate Starbucks with having a laid-back, mellow and serene atmosphere. It has become a meeting place in my community. There are those who will gather there before going on to their final destination. For example, meeting with friends there to discuss which movie we will go see, since there are two movie theater complexes down the highway from my Starbucks.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I assume this is only the US for the time being? I guess they want to maximize business as many coffee shops close about 7 p.m. I personally don't like Starbucks, but in many small er towns it is one of the few chains there besides Dunkin.

Before you know it they will offer bar snacks and pizza soon, as they have the kitchen and facilities I can't see why not, but is is a threat to local businesses? I wonder how much they will charge and if there is a minimum? Some places only let you order alcohol with food too, so that may be a rule.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I believe some places need a licence to sell alcohol, not sure if this would be implemented in all branches. At any rate if Starbucks marks up its alcohol the way it marks up its coffee I don't see it selling to well.

Personally I would much rather go to a bar or drink at home instead of drink at a Starbucks.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm a bit skeptical about this idea but I'm sure they know what they are doing. I myself would prefer they just remain a coffee place because I think serving alcohol might change the atmosphere but it probably wouldn't be such a noticeable change. I might even enjoy drinking alcohol there someday now that I think about it, but mostly I'd still prefer it to just remain a coffee place I think.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that the Starbucks is doing the right thing by selling out wine and other beverages. A lot of people will find few more reasons to get into Starbucks and spend lazy evenings. I am sure that it is going to be a great success all over the place and people are going to totally love it.