Steam Mops

Discussion in Product Reviews started by alahnna • Apr 19, 2012.

1. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I am considering buying a Steam Mop. I have mostly laminate flooring, just a couple rugs. What brand or type would you recommend for heavy duty cleaning, as I run a daycare? The floors are well used daily

2. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I don't personally own a steam mop, but I've heard a lot of good things about

. The prices are a little steep for just a mop, but it seems like it's got a pretty good life span and is worth the money. I'd like to have one, myself. I only have the kitchen and one bathroom to deal with, though. Still, steam is a great way to clean and disinfect the floor without chemicals.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ive heard the line of Haan Steam mops are actually pretty good. The reviews seem to be mostly positive with the usual negative nancy's tagging in there. If I am not mistaken they are having some kind of $10 off special on their web page for new purchases of $50 or more. Maybe you may want to check it out.

4. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    My mum bought a steam mop. For carpet i would recommend, for hardwood, it tends to lift the shine off the hardwood and leave it dull. I don't know if this would bother you, but my mum did not like it. For carpet, it was amazing, it brought an Iron Bru stain out of a cream carpet. Which is basically impossible!

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for a good steam mop myself. We are remodeling our home and our getting rid of carpet and switching to wood flooring. I want one that cleans well but does not dull wood.

6. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I had a HAAN and it quit working after a year. I currently have a H2O mop and its pretty much awesome.

7. savetoday

savetodayMember

Threads:
    Thanks for all the talk about steam mops.

Been thinking of a new way to sort out my carpets and believe it or not hadn't heard of these!

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have been wanting to get one for a long time. I am going to have to look into the H2O mop as I keep hearing a lot of people say that really like theirs. I didn't know that you could use them on carpets so that's a bonus. Now I really want to get one!