Still playing games from your childhood?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by prettycolors • Oct 8, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Some of us started with video games, others with board games - but no matter the medium, are you still playing those games?

I played little in the way of board games but I played plenty of computer games. A few years back, when

was launched, I rediscovered many of my childhood games, prepared to work on newer systems and reasonably priced. Since then I've been constantly playing games of old, the games I grew up with .

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I used to play Pacman as a kid. I tried playing Pacman nowadays, and I just couldn't. It wasn't as enjoyable as when I was younger. The quality of games have improved since the 80's, so going back and playing that somehow felt like a step backwards. I don't feel that for 90's video games, just the 80's ones. I don't know why.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I still do, and I still enjoy it. I recently just introduced my nephew to old 8 bit and 16 bit games and although he can't appreciate all of them, he still is able to appreciate the ones that are a bit more classic in nature. He particularly likes bomberman, and I have to say that I do too. I honestly never appreciated this game until recently and it really is one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had in a while.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter still goes back to her older Sonic games and various older SEGA games. She loves the old and the new. She grew up with SEGA and she's definitely a loyal fan. She also still plays older fighting games that she grew up with.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do every now and then...it ends up making me feel a bit old and nostalgic but it's fun nonetheless, and really amusing to me how "retro" they seem to my young son. I don't over-do it though, maybe a few times a year I'll search them out and have a little fun with them again.

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do. Currently, I've been replaying Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, which is a game I used to have as a kid but i never ended up beating so I'm currently working to actually beat the game. It's really fun. I've recently been going through a lot of old games though, and it's amazing how different everything is

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Of course I still play games from my childhood. I used to play Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, Megaman X, among others. I play most of them every few years and beat them again for the nostalgia, and they still hold up amazingly well. The one exception is Megaman X, that's possibly my favorite game of all time, and I beat it at least once or twice a year.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely do. I don't always get a chance to play them and there are plenty of new games to enjoy but in general the older games are better quality to me. The one I play the most often is obviously Pokemon. The new Pokemon are just strange to me but the original generation is amazing.

9. Evelyn Freshsmith

Evelyn FreshsmithMember

Threads:

I am a hardcore fan of 8-bit games and still play them on my machine. For when I am travelling I have emulator installed in my system as well. Games I still love to play:
    1. Mario Bros.
    2. Load Runner.
    3. Alladin.
    4. Nuts and Milk.
    5. The Islander.
    6. Excite Bike.
    7. Road Fighter.
    8. Balloon fight.
    9. Circus Charlie
    10. Contra, I used to beat my brother in this and I still gets him. He is embarrassed, lol

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I still do but the charm just ran out. I tried playing with my old school games, like Mario and Battle City and somehow I can't find the enjoyment in them anymore. I mean sure it is still enjoyable to play but it goes out too easy because I've experienced a lot better.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I play old school games from time to time. I used to play Text Twist and Scrabble at Yahoo (and I still do every now and then at different gaming sites). I was also a sucker for Tekken, Street Fighter Super Mario and Bomber Man. Tekken's been upgraded so many times with new versions being released I simply couldn't keep up anymore. I do play the game - if not Street Fighter - whenever I'm in the arcade.

12. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    That's the only games I play.
    I really don't care for the latest tech thing when it comes to videogames. I like the same stuff I liked when I was 10, and nothing else.

If it isn't 8, 16, 32 or 64-bit, I don't care about it.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kingdom Hearts first came out when my daughter was 4 years old. My daughter is 16 years old now, and she still love the Kingdom Hearts series. She's pretty excited about the third game's announcement.

14. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, when i was a kid i used to play THE SIMS all the time and i still play it until now. I have SIMS 4 now and I'm really enjoying it still. I also play this game called VIRTUAL VILLAGERS and i still get on it every once in a while. I managed to get through the game before quests and all but now, I'm just kinda stuck in one place. I've paused the game and it's been like that for months now because i wasn't able to get back to it. lol

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that I think about it, my daughter still likes a lot of the things she did when she was younger. Some things just don't change. I'm not bothered, though. It's nice to see that she's still fundamentally the same person.

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I still play games that I used to play as a kid. On the Xbox they had a classic arcade and I bought a lot of those games. They are just as hard as I remember and a little more fun that current games as there isn't a long story that I would have to grind through just to get to the action. Qbert is also coming back out and as soon as it is available on a platform that I use, I'll be playing.

17. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes play games from my childhood. It is that one thing that brings all my family members together and we enjoy remembering old memories together. I think it is a great way to bring together the entire family. Also it is fun, no matter how childish the games are.

18. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't own any games from my childhood. I did see a newer swag genesis preloaded with games I used to play as a child at Wal-Mart today. I told my husband that I wanted that for Christmas. LOL
    It comes preloaded with my back then most favorite game ever. I'd love to show my children what I played as a child.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never owned a console, so I pretty much started with board games and card games when I was a kid, then when I started playing on the arcade, that was the time I got interested to play video games. I still play those fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat or Tekken when I have time, but some I don't play anymore because I've outgrown them and lost interest in them, like Pokemon, for example.

20. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    No, I'm not currently playing any games from my childhood. Not because I'm opposed to it. I just don't have a whole lot of spare time to do gaming of any sort at this point. Only on the weekends. I don't have any of the board games or video game consoles from my childhood, unfortunately.