Stocking stuffers? What do you put in yours?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by savergrl • Aug 15, 2012.

1. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    An orange – traditionally occupies the toe
    Treats – candy canes or Andes mints
    Nuts – bag of shelled walnuts or pecans
    Toys – small and unwrapped
    Socks – colorful and rolled up
    Personal ornament
    Coins – even children love shiny coins
    Personal care items – chapstick, fancy toothbrush, hair accessories
    Stickers/Tattoos
    Tea bags or hot cocoa mix

These are some ideas, what else would be a great stocking stuffer?

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    When my children were little, I included some of the items on your list as well as small coloring books, school supplies and jewelry. As they got older I would add lottery tickets, gift cards, make up,food gift certificates and movie tickets. Of course they were all personalized with their favorite snacks, treats and fruit.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Tangerine in the toe, then for the rest-mixed nuts in the shells, wrapped mixed small size chocolates, small to medium sized wrapped presents, and at least two candy canes sticking out of the top.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Great stocking stuffer ideas! After doing these for so many years for my kids, it gets a little harder each year to come up with new ideas. Now that my girls are older, I also crap up about 5 lottery scratchers and put those in their stocking.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest there is no method to my madness. I usually just fill the bags with random tiny things that are available at the dollar spot at Target. My real thought and money goes into the real gift. I usually fill the stockings with:

Candy
    Coloring Books
    Random, Funny Books
    Tiny plants (such as the little lucky bamboo plants that are smaller than the palm of a hand)
    and what ever else is available at the time

My stockings are usually very quirky.

6. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Some good stocking stuffer ideas are gift cards, jewelry, candy, lottery scratch off tickets or CDs. I don't do stocking stuffer anymore now that my family is older.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kid likes video game related candies, like the Sonic the Hedgehog sour apple candies or the Mario 1UP mints, so I usually just put video game candies, PEZ dispensers and a rolled up Nintendo Power magazine in her stocking.

8. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    Last Christmas we did toothbrushes and toothpaste, some candy, flashlight/nightlight, crayons, and a couple other little toys/trinkets that my kids like. I do toothbrushes and toothpaste, crayons, and candy bar/candy each year, everything else is random little things I think they will like.

9. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    For the hubby-
    -Darth Vadar spatula
    -Star Wars spaceship vehicle cookie cutters
    -Star Wars spaceship vehicle sandwich cutters

For my 2 year old-
    -10 matchbox cars

Myself-
    -nail polish
    -eye shadow

10. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Candy and little games and trinkets will go in there along with some bath and body products and lotto tickets/scratch offs.

11. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Usually Candy canes, chocolates, batteries for whatever battery operated gift they may receive from others and not have batteries included. For the older crowd small bottles of flavored alcohol (the little 2 oz ones behind the counter at the liquor store), a cigar for the gentlemen. For the young ones stickers, small travel size comic books and/or coloring books, sports cards, tickets to a movie.

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I only do stockings for the young grandchildren in the family these days, and they're 2 and 5 years old. They're both girls, and they are very easy to buy for. As their parents put the stockings in the rooms to keep them occupied if they wake up early, I like to put little games and small soft toys, colouring books, puzzles, pencils and crayons in, to keep them occupied until a reasonable hour and give Mum and Dad a bit of a lie in.

13. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My son is only 18 months old right now. I'm excited to see him at Christmas when he knows what's going on. I liked seeing some ideas on here. He loves stickers and coloring books right now, so I plan on putting some of those in his. He also has a toy zoo that I am going to get him more animals that will be stocking stuffers. I like getting Godiva chocolate bars and lip gloss in my stocking. If I get those 2 things, I'm good. :)

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    It would be hard for me since my kids are grown but I would possibly give them there favorite CD or DVD and and orange & apple and put some jewelry in there. Maybe a neck chain or bracelet and throw some nuts on top. It's hard to say when they are older kids already.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I feel that anything could be put in a stocking to give as a gift. The options are not limited to perfume, pens, bracelets, necklaces, or any other little gift. I feel that these are a very affordable and cute way to give something special to someone you may or may not be close with. This type of gift is always a win.