StoneBerry Catalog

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dorothymoreno • Dec 7, 2012.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Got a catalog the other day in the mail saying I was pre approved already and all I needed to do was send in my order and pay a monthly payment according to what I would buy. So I thought about and then I said, why not, so I ordered about $150.00 worth of stuff that I would supposingly be paying about 15.00 a month. Which this was fine. Then I get an email saying I have to send in 40.00 before they even ship the order. When I emailed them back and asked why this was being done, they said I wasn't approved for that amount and, so I asked them to tell me what amount I was approved for , no answer. In any case it is not such much the money they are asking up front, it is more the principal of the whole thing. I went on to tell them why didn't they tell me what the amount of credit extended so I could order accordingly. In any case I told them that was false advertisement trying to pull people in making them think they are pre approved and then come up and your not, I even recommend them to others. The items I ordered are a little more expensive then in the store but I would be able to pay for it monthly and have it now, so I went ahead and did that instead of putting them on layaway and so now I have to go and try and find them again. Really disappointing and sad that these people lie to people just to get their business. So my lesson, no more mail catalogs..:D

Has anybody else had any of these catalogs offering pre approved credit only to turn around and deny you?