Stop drinking coke!!!!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rocky • Apr 13, 2013.

1. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    It astounds me that people are still consuming so many soft drinks given the health risks. The sugar and chemicals basically rot your gut and cause a number of chronic illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

Coke is commonly used to remove blood, rust and grease and is used to clean truck engines. Coke contains enough phosphoric acid to dissolve a nail in 4 days and a T-bone steak in 2! It is all just chemicals and has no nutrition value and therefore should not be ingested.

Read this article to find out more about the effects of coke!

DRINK WATER!

2. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I have a bad addiction to this, I have drank soda for 16 years, and I have not had any problems. I agree it is bad the way people consume it. But people consume alcoholic beverages and they are just as bad. I reccomend drinking at least double the amount of your soda consumed with water. I also recommend diet soda as it has less sugar and would help refrain from diabetes.

3. Bigdaddy

BigdaddyNew Member

Threads:
    I am hocked on it despite knowing it's probably killing my insides...:rolleyes:

However i'm doing pretty well trying to get off..now on 2 cans a day...

4. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    Once you go a few days without drinking coke, you won't miss it. Trust me, I used to down it a lot, and after that first week or so, you may not even be thinking about it.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    That is really weird. I used to drink a couple of 2-liter bottles of coke a day. If what that report said is true, I should be walking around without any stomach or intestines by now. Yes, I agree that drinking too much coke is not good for health. The main worry should be the sugar content. And it's possible to wean off coke. I have gone clean for many years now. Just an occasional glass once in a few months.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink a lot of Coke too. I gave it up last year. I had some serious withdrawal symptoms. They were really bad. After a couple of days, the symptoms subsided. Now, I can walk past a Coke or soda machine without any cravings.

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My friend was also addicted to Coke - it's the caffeine, I think. She weaned herself off it, and now only has one when we go out. She was on 3 - 5 cans a day! She says she feels much better for it, and she doesn't miss it at all. I've never drunk a lot of it - I prefer sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime squeezed into it. It's healthier, and more thirst quenching. I probably drink 2 or 3 cans of Diet Coke or Pepsi a week, that's all.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was addicted too. My withdrawal was almost as bad as when I quit smoking. Just because you're ok now, doesn't mean you will be ok later. Just because you know someone old that still drinks it and seems healthy, doesn't mean you'll be as lucky. Coke, smoking, drinking etc etc it's all accumulative. It's gradual, which is why so many defend it.. you can't see what's going on inside of you. I despise these companies for what they've done to our countries. I'm amazed anyone is healthy at all anymore. PS: "diet" drinks are a joke.

9. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    As long as you are drinking just a can or two occasionally and don't treat it like a water, then I think it's okay. I used to have it every meal when I was younger. I just can't resist having a cold coke after eating. It just feels good honestly. But my family has a history of diabetes so we learned to tone it down to prevent getting diabetes. So far so good. ;)

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink a lot of soda, but anymore I rarely drink it. I just don't have a taste for it much! My kids get soda as real treat (and usually root beer or orange soda for them.) I do know that Coke used to (probably still does) take the paint right of your car if it got on it. Somebody threw a soda at my car years ago and I didn't wash it right away. It did start to eat away through the clear coat.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I only drink Coke on very rare occasions (like birthdays or some parties), and I'm certainly not the type who drinks it daily. That'd be really, really bad for my health.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    It is really bad for you, without question but it's also quite easy to get hooked on :(.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not so sure that the damage can't be undone. I have been watching a couple of documentaries that prove some pretty darn good evidence that a lot of diseases including heart disease and diabetes can be reversed with a whole food plant based diet.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do think Coke is very unhealthy and I've stopped drinking it long ago, with the exception of drinking it every now and then when I really want to. I don't think it is as bad as those studies make it out to be though, for instance the rust removing aspect, you don't really let the drink sit in your mouth or stomach for 4 days so it might just be only a little relative.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree to an extent. I believe everything wrong with us has something to do with what we put in our bodies.. so it's not hard to believe eating the way we should would reverse many things. Not everything, not always, not in most cases when it comes to the big things.. but it definitely can. I've seen those types of docs too, so awesome what food is capable of.

I don't think anyone is going to die if they drink coke lol.. not directly anyway. I just don't like people making assumptions when it comes to their health. Or closing the book on ALL information and possible consequences just because they want to keep doing what they're doing. There are many people on their death beds right now that wish they could do something differently.. in many cases, it must be how they treated their bodies while alive or they wouldn't be dying today.

DrRipley, it may not sit in our mouths or guts for long, but as I said before, it is accumulative. For those who drink it daily, it will slowly do it's job. And no matter how often you drink it, it will sit there long enough to do some damage.. if you don't drink it often, you'll likely never see that damage. It doesn't just wash down and out of you.. it sits on your teeth and in your stomach long enough. You could brush your teeth right after, but just by drinking it, you soften the enamel of your teeth immediately.. while softened, you risk more damage. I'd suggest rinsing with water after, to avoid brushing the layer of enamel away that it softened. So you may not see what's happening, but it is happening. If I wasn't over the taste of it, I wouldn't be apposed to drinking it occasionally too.. I just won't deny it's harmful. If you took the label off of it and told people even the immediate effects (to teeth, blood, guts etc) nobody would touch it. Yet most of us remain addicted lol. It's funny how we work.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been a soda drinker, I don't like the carbonated water in soda. When I do have a soda it will be a diet soda which does not have as much carbon in it. I see people drinking soda daily and I also wonder if they understand what this beverage is doing to their bodies. Most over weight people would lose weight just by stopping their intake of soda. I agree that it is the caffein in the drink that makes it hard to resist. And the desire for something tasty in your mouth that has a person looking for something to eat or drink, and soda is there to fill that need.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was a story in a newspaper about a woman who died from drinking excessive amounts of Coke. I cringe when I see people drink Coke and other soda drinks like Fanta and Sprite. You are pouring sugar down your neck, it is horrible for your health.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow.. I've never heard of someone dying from it (maybe from illnesses that are related).. do you have anymore info from that story?

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I think that having one can or two during the week will do nothing to your health but if you are drinking this co at try then it will of course raise a lot of health risks to the top. I avoid soda because it really spikes up my blood sugar levels and I just feel drained after I drink it.
    My skin also doesn't look as healthy as when I drink water.

20. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i am surprized to read all discussion,how can i leave coke i have bad addiction of this i used it daily 3 or 4 times for a long time,i did not see any side effect on my health,