Stop Fake Tan Going Orange

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Little Poon • Sep 24, 2012.

1. Little Poon

Little PoonNew Member

Threads:
    I use fake tans and I want to share my tip with you guys. Please note this tip is for use with INSTANT fake tans, NOT the kind where you rub on the colour guide and wait overnight before showering off!

So I have my instant fake tan (this works with any brand of tan) I apply a generous amount to one of my legs using a clean inside-out sports sock rubbing in a circular motion from my foot to my thigh (some people work from thigh to foot, whichever is easiest for you). Rub gently on ankle and knee area, then remove the sock, and get a walnut sized amount of cocoa butter (I use Palmers) and rub over the tanned area in the same way you just did the tan. Then do the same for each different section on your body, taking extra care on joints (wrist, elbow etc.) I do my body from section to section because the instant tans dry very quick, so its easier to do tan then cocoa butter then tan then cocoa butter etc. Finally when you're finished your body give it a blast with a hair-dryer on a low heat setting! It's not essential but I always do it :)

Why an inside-out sports sock? It sounds bizarre but all my tanning mitts got ruined after excessive use! I was getting ready to go out at the last minute I realized i had no tanning mitt! So I grabbed a sock and used that instead, I was so pleased with the result I never used a tanning mitt again!

If you're sick of orange looking tan you should give this a try :)

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely this is a tip that I had never read. In my city we don't usually use that kind of tan, because we have the beach nearby. Anyway, the sun isn't always present and this is a good alternative. I never tried that tanning, but the procedure that you use sound very convincing. Of course the result isn't equal to that obtained in a natural way, but if this improves that horrible orange, that magic sock worth a try. Domestic solutions are often the most effective when we try to take care of our aesthetic. Very creative procedure. :eek: