Storage on USB pen

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Hedonologist • Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Since storage has gotten cheaper and cheaper on USB Pens, it's now common to see them up to 16,32 or even 64GB. But I think at this point there is far more than necessary for all files song and documents. My current USB Drive is 8GB and I only got one that large as it was the only thing available for £9.99.

Have you ever bought a very large USB drive?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an 8 and a 16GB pen and I also have a HDD of 1TB and apart from this my Dropbox account has 25GB capacity. The problem with dropbox is that it is too slow to upload and download, that is why I need to start exploring how Mega works. Pens are ok, but if you can upload/download fast from the cloud you no longer need pens.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    8GB's is the largest I bought for $6 only! Well it depends on your use for the pen drive really, if you're just an everyday person who just wants to carry around your personal files on your pocket then 8GB would probably be enough for you, but if you're like me who has to transfer large files every hour and has to carry along an external hard drive just to have my files ready for work, then yes, its not enough. But I do agree, pen drives come in very cheap now, I heard their making 128GB and even a 1TB USB pen drive.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    The largest USB drive that I have bought is 16GB. It worked for a while before eventually breaking down. After a while I had to switch to micro SD which are way better in terms of performance among other things. But may be in future I might try to get another one with better quality.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    16GB is the biggest I ever bought. I use it as a backup for some of my files or to move bigger files from here to there, but that's it. You know what they say, USB sticks are the new diskettes - they tend to break when you need them most. Still, they are cheap and getting more space at an incredible pace. I guess you already know about SanDisk’s 128GB microSD ;)