Store Brand Ice Cream

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Amanda K • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I have a slight addiction to ice cream. Getting my fix becomes expensive. I know I can't afford Ben & Jerry's every night. I usually buy whatever is mid-range and on sale. This week, there don't seem to be any good sales near me. I tried the Kroger Private Selection brand and thought it was terrible. Are any of the store brand ice creams any good?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also a fan of several local ice cream brands (my country is nuts for ice cream) but I have no qualms about investing more just to taste the most celebrated ice cream and ice cream cake brands out there (not necessarily a store brand). Häagen-Dazs is a perennial favorite - this brand is the epitome of yumminess and great quality. Baskin-Robbins isn't too far behind either.

3. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Not really at all. You're much better off spending money to buy the name brand ice cream with quality taste than to buy the store brand and sacrifice quality for price when all it will taste like is blandness. Trust me, I've tried this before and it just didn't pan out right with store brand ice cream. If you can fork out the money to get the real one, get it. If you can't, you might want to just forget about buying until you can.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have phases like this too. We don't have any store brand ice creams though because we already have some brands that are cheap enough and still good so I suspect supermarkets just don't bother. If you are wanting to cut down on expenses then I would suggest just looking into getting an ice cream maker and start making your own instead. Of all people, someone who eats ice cream daily would get the most use out of this machine since I imagine most just let it collect dust after a few uses.

5. rahul tiwari

rahul tiwariNew Member

Threads:
    I am likewise a devotee of a few nearby frozen yogurt marks (my nation is nuts for dessert) yet I have no apprehensions about contributing all the more just to taste the most praised frozen yogurt and dessert cake brands out there (not inexorably a store brand). Häagen-Dazs is an enduring top pick - this brand is the encapsulation of yumminess and awesome quality.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good ice cream is the best, if you really love a certain brand stick with that brand and only get that brand. Looking for a cheaper brand which does not taste good could ruin your love of your treat. Cut back some place else to off set the cost of your more expensive ice cream or cut back on how often you eat your ice cream to reduce the cost some what.

7. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I'm not picky, and I don't actually mind the Kroger brand. That being said, I wasn't raised on much money and Kroger brand is what we grew up eating, with more expensive brands being treats.

8. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Most store brands around my way have two different brands that they offer. The regular store brand and the premium private selection brand. I have to say that the private selection brand is really good and easily trumps a lot of name brand stuff.

9. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    No bad, no more ice cream for you! Just kidding, I am just like that haha. I love me some ice cream. It is soooo fantastic to have all the time. I always eat store brand ice cream. The brands I have tried are tasty. But the funny thing is, I cannot remember any of their names at all. I really do not pay too much attention to the brand as long as it's ice cream. I have not had any bad experiences with a brand.