Store cash

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mama2three • Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    After receiving a flyer in the mail today for Kohl's, I saw they have their Kohl's Cash Promo going on. I know Old Navy does this as well, and even Gymboree has Gym-bucks. It made me wonder, are these worth it? Usually, I over-buy items to get the store cash, and then go to use it and end up spending more money. I guess that is the point for the companies putting them out. Do you use them and like the idea or do you skip shopping when it is that time?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I wasn't aware of store cash, but it seems like it works to bring in more customers. That sounds like a great idea to give back to the customers and it helps the store as well. I can see people getting out of hand with the shopping, but I guess that's what the owners want.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I know I over buy when Kohl's has it. I'm always at about $40 of things I sort of need. I figure might as well go to $50 to get the cash. On my next trip, I don't just spend the cash I buy a little more or a lot more. I do ok sometimes, but I'd rather just have an extra percentage off than mess with the store cash. I didn't read the fine print on Old Navy. I thought it was off $10 off your next purchase, but you actually had to make a minimum of $25 in purchases. Not as good of a deal.

4. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    I have used both Kohls and Old Navy store cash and found that like you, I too over buy. I figure though if I am getting it for a discounted price, then it is like getting a free item for buying what you want. What you could do with the store cash is buy online. It is a lot harder to see something that you like in person and be able to say no to it, then to see a picture of it online.

5. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I love store bucks, but I don't plan my shopping around these types of promos. When it works out that I need something and they have a promo going I'll do what I can to take advantage of it. What's sad is that when I do actually buy enough to earn the store bucks I forget to use them. Kohl's bucks actually have an expiration date. Although, I heard one of the cashiers tell another customer that if you present the bucks at any time they have to honor them so they don't really expire. I'm not sure if this is true or if the cashier was just pushing the promo.

6. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I too always tend to over buy with these, so I have stopped using them. Now, my mom does those at Kohls and gives me them when she doesn't use them. When my kids were little, I would so over spend with those dang gym bucks.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do not plan my shopping around store cash promotions. Most of the time when I shop I do so online or in store when there is a sale or when its something I really need to buy.

8. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I use store cash primarily for my daughter. Kohl's is one of her favorite stores and since we visit maybe once a month on average, sometimes more, may as well take advantage of discounts. It's also about a 10 minute drive so it's very close, don't have to deal with any traffic, so it's a pretty fun trip all the way around.