Stores And Their Salesmen

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Sep 12, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never liked salesmen and on Friday when shopping at some store a saleslady who saw me comparing prices came over to offer her advice. She selected the most expensive item and tried to get to buy it because it was so much better. I thanked her for her help and got the cheapest item.

Do you guys allow salesmen to "help you" when you are shopping?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I absolutely hate it when they trail you, offer to help then try to palm off the most expensive stuff onto you, under the guise that it's the best! They obviously get commission for their efforts. As soon as they make a beeline for me, I usually smile politely and firmly tell them I'm fine thanks, I'll call you if and when I need assistance :) They usually back right off!

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the US most people are on commission so it's their job. I used to work on commission too (hated it) and I would never do it again. I did a spot of personal shopping and that was fun as I wasn't on commission, but it was a service for airport shoppers and I made a point to say I was not on commission and always asked for their budgets.

I had some nice customers; one I helped pick a pashmina for his daughter and he told me to pick one for myself! In general if I know they are not on commission (like Best Buy) I don't mind them helping, but often I always say I am fine, unless I am in a hurry. I never need help in clothes stores unless I need them to check in the back for my size.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know they are told to always get the highest priced item so that they can have a better commission, so you can't blame them for trying. I think a good suggestion would be to dress modestly while shopping so those salesmen won't be interested in approaching you.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually shop in SM mall, the largest mall chain with the largest boutique called SM. Their sales attendants are very helpful and they are of help to me all the time. It seems to me that those sales attendants are favoring the customers but they are actually doing that to be nice because they can lose their job on a single complaint. Tsk, tsk, what a shaky employment they have.