Straight Talk Cell Service

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Joe D. • Oct 16, 2013.

1. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    Three years ago I ditched my expensive unlimited plan through one of the major carriers for Walmart's Straight Talk Plan. You have several choices of phones, including smart phones, which you pay for. Then the unlimited plan covers everything for $45 per month - calling, texting and internet. I would never have even considered getting a technological plan through WalMart, but my nephew had it in conjunction wih one of the smart phones. He swore by it - and he is one of those teens who is ALWAYS online. So I tried it. The coverage is every bit as good as my old AT & T plan, perhaps better. In that time, I have traveled through every region of the country - and the only places I have problems are in remote mountains where everyone else's phone doesn't work, either. And my phone often works when other friends are not getting a signal. I could not imagine going back to paying double for poorer coverage and long contracts. I have heard people complain about Straight Talk, but they always say someone else told them it has problems, not that they actually have it. I actually have it - and would not go back.

2. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I had straight talk for about a month before I ditched it. It was awful! Maybe service in your area is great but service where I live was the worst! I've never not has service at my home but with straight talk I had little to no service at my own home! That is just not ok if you ask me. Also, the smart phones they get honestly just aren't good enough for me. I need my mini computer in hand working properly at all times and theirs just aren't good enough for that.

3. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I live in a small town in Southern WV and I used to have Straight Talk. The weird thing is that ATT picks up around here (in fact we have an ATT store right in the middle of town) but Straight Talk absolutely WOULD NOT pick up here at all. Fortunately I really only used it for work (in a town an hour away) and it worked fine up there. But once I stopped working there I got an ATT go phone which isn't a bad service. For unlimited it's about $50 which is only $5 more for the Straight Talk unlimited plan.

4. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    Well, I appreciate both your comments because you have actually used it. I get tired of hearing from people who heard from someone who heard from someone, etc. Sorry you had a bad experience, but mine has been great. Certainly, one of the things it has accomplished is to get a lot of other providers to offer genuine discount service - and that is good for all of us.