Straight Talk From Walmart

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by NanaTracyAnnHintz • Aug 18, 2015.

1. NanaTracyAnnHintz

NanaTracyAnnHintzNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using my ZTE phone from Walmart for over a year now. I buy my Straight Talk phone card monthly. I pay $45 for Unlimited Text, Talk, Data. I love it. We went all the way Up North to the Canadian Border, and I was getting perfect reception. I feel the 'NO CONTRACT' thing is the best way to go.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All carriers are going No Contract, so it doesn't matter at this point. What matters now is price, features, and overall quality of service. You're no longer going to pay a subsidized price for your phone. Full-price payment or installment payments are becoming the go-to route now. Straight Talk is a great prepaid option that runs on AT&T's network as an MVNO, but you get reduced data speeds compared to AT&T, and the network isn't as reliable because you're treated as second-tier users.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No contract sounds good to me. Full price payment would drive me to buy a used phone on eBay or other place, rather than having to come up with a huge chunk of money for a new phone through a cell provider, although installment payments might be acceptable. I wouldn't mind reduced data speeds at a lower cost, since I'm at home a lot and would be using wifi anyway.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had both contract and no contract, I prefer no contract because I can turn the phone off when I don't want to pay the bill that month and not lose the use of my phone.

5. Frank Z

Frank ZNew Member

Threads:
    If you don't follow the fashionistas and get the latest new phone that comes out every year, you can easily find great "so last year" phones for under $200. The main reason I switched to Android is that I couldn't justify paying $400-600 for the latest phone every two years. And don't get me wrong, I love iDevices. I just don't want to pay that much. But I agree... no contract is the way to go! I've never looked back... and most likely never will!

6. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of switching to straight talk. I have sprint. My bill is so high and I rarely have service. My contract with sprint ends on 11/30 but my bill is due a a couple days before for the following month. Do I take the hit and switch now or wait and pay sprint and straight talk. Opinions please

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I learned a lot here about cell phones and their carriers. I got a free Sanyo smartphone from my landline phone company recently. Until now I never held a cell phone or smartphone of any kind and it's all a mystery to me using cell phones. I bought a cheap camera and need zoom so I'm tempted to activate my Sanyo smartphone, but everything seems so complicated. Your posts helps me to get educated about cell phones.

8. Frank Z

Frank ZNew Member

Threads:
    I say go for it!