Streaming software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Strykstar • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using XSplit for some time now and I've been pretty happy with it, but I've been seeing a lot people talking about OBS - Open Broadcast Software, has anyone tried it? Or maybe you know of a paid alternative that is really worth it?

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used XSplit or any paid alternative, but I can tell you a bit about OBS.
    It looks a bit intimidating when you boot it up for the first time, but if you find a nice tutorial online (I can find you one if you want) you just need to set it once for your profile and you can easily change between the scenes you have set up.
    You can easily set up a camera with a green screen if you want as well, it takes you less than 5 minutes and then you will have it so insert into any scene you want as well.
    I'd definitely recommend it.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the offer Oakster, could you link a nice tutorial?
    I'll give OBS a try, it's not like I have anything to lose, since it's free, it just looks a mess to set up.

4. Dillon Hinojos

Dillon HinojosNew Member

Threads:
    I have always used XSplit when streaming, as it was recommended to me by a few other friends and gamers who stream, and it has always served the purpose I needed. One of my friends does use OBS though and says it is an absolute pain to setup, but is worth it if you do not have the money for paid programs. I say give it a try!