Student Discounts for Software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by eslucky • Jun 25, 2012.

1. eslucky

esluckyNew Member

Threads:
    I use a lot of different Adobe products like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator. I recently needed to buy the newest Adobe suite of products for a new computer. I was looking at the prices and almost fell over from sticker shock. I hadn't realized how much they have gone up in price.

My son is a student at our local community college and I had him check to see how much he could purchase it from the college. WOW! His student price was less than 70% of what my online price would have been. Needless to say I had him purchase it online using his student discount for software. Great deal!!!

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Eeyup! Programs Adobe's and big time software programs usually give big discounts for students in college. I think Maya is absolutely free for college students while it's normal retail price is like 600?

3. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when they came out with this when I was in college! I was getting almost all the programs I would normally use for almost free! It was great and I did not have to spend a fortune for the products!!

4. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    I'm still pretty shocked how expensive software is these days. I used to think that software can't cost more than hardware, but this past decade has proven otherwise.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Note, another way you can save money on software, but this idea may not apply to Adobe products, is by simply buying an older version. For instance, a new version of the 3D software Poser might run around 500 USD, but an older version might be bought on Amazon for around 50 USD - or even less. :)

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When I bought photoshop, I preferred to by student version instead of regular version. Though student version has some limitation, it is relatively cheap. When ever available, I always buy products that are available as student version. Buying student version software is a great money saver. Apart from student version, I also look for older version which normally cost less than the updated version.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's really good deal for you. I did't know that with student you can get such big deal. I wonder if there is such deal here at our location. I don't think so. I am having older version software for now, and as prices are quite high I guess I am not going to upgrade them for now as they are still okay with my work.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Adobe's Student discount is yet to be applicable for my state. We don't seem to have Adobe's attention it seems. I guess university in my state needs to apply for that. And considering many people here use the Photoshop. I am guessing there would be a good discount of many softwares that may come along. I wish to see Adobe and Apple's discount for our university for sure.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have been lucky enough to take advantage of this a couple of times, but I am not sure that it was really anything significant. I wish that I would have known about it sooner though to plan a little better.