stupid pet products

Discussion in Pets started by Melissast • Sep 5, 2014.

1. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    the other day I saw someone by petsup. He wanted to have a conversation with me about the petsup like it was the greatest thing ever that his dog could now have ketsup with his food. I understand that some people treat there fur babies like actual babies but dog condiments. I think that's going a little to far out there. Would you buy this fir your pet?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is this the product that you were referring about?

I think they're quite expensive at $15 to $17 each. You can already buy dog or cat food with that. I guess this product is aimed at well off pet owners like Paris Hilton. ;)

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No and there are so many if you spend enough time looking in big box pet stores. I mean my pets are members of my family and I too spoil them once in a while but I mean come on they're living way better than us from the looks of it.
    The stupidest things to me though that I can think of are stuffed animals like squirrels and toys shaped like slippers. Unless you're actually teaching your pet to hunt these animals it's a bad idea to buy these stuffed toys...slippers, same thing.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of it. I don't buy anything fancy for my pets. They get a healthy mix of what they need, along with bones and some special little treats that I buy at the health food store. I make sure that my animals get food that is free of additives and artificial enhancers. Basically, they are on an "organic" diet. And petchup or animal ketchup doesn't sound very enticing to me.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't call it stupid, but I've seen a bit of pet products that mimic human products presumably because owners like to project human emotions and features onto them. Like I said, though, I don't really consider them stupid, just maybe a bit over the top or unnecessary. I've seen food products for pets like wine, ice creams and cakes, and I highly doubt that they notice the difference or consider it a special dish unless it really appeals to them which I am guessing only applies to a small percentage of the pets that get to try this.
    I'm okay with it. As long as they don't harm the pets then owners should get to spend what on what they want and the same goes for business owners who sell these.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong I love all 4 of our pets but some people just have too much time and money on their hands. I do treat my pets to the occasional bone or dog treat but that's as far as it goes. I also have 4 kiddos so that;s another reason why spending my money on things like dog condiments isn't an option. I kind of think it funny in a way.

I guess the way I see it is like this... there is nothing bad about spoiling your pet but I think people need to keep it somewhat in perspective. There are so many people that are in need and honestly I think giving to them would be a better bet. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for listening !
    Danyel :)

7. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    That's hilarious! I would never go as far as to buy condiments for my pets. I do however buy treats that contain vitamins to keep my cat's fur silky and soft. I'll pay a little extra to get this and that for their health, but ketchup for pets? That's nonsense.