Subscription boxes: Birchbox vs. Ipsy

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by lrd913 • Oct 13, 2014.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Ipsy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Birchbox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither (I don't subscribe or I use another service)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried both of these and I am curious about what your opinions are regarding them. Do you like Birchbox better? Do you prefer Ipsy? Neither?

As for points systems and rewards, I think that Birchbox wins hands down. I currently have $70+ in Birchbox points built up at this moment in time. They have a really great customer service team that rewards points for shipping mishaps, but you also get 1 point for every $1 spent. I don't think Ipsy (used to be known as Glambag) has a very good rewards system in comparison. It took me over a year to get enough points to redeem for just one item. The only reason I ended up redeeming my points was because they were set to expire.

As for the content of the services, I prefer Ipsy. I've never had a problem receiving things that I won't use. I like trying out different kinds of makeup but they also send out other items once and a while. I'll sometimes get a lotion, face wash, or hair item in My Bag and it's a nice treat.

With my Birchbox I was always getting things that I wouldn't really use. I understand that they are samples but most of the time they didn't fit what I wanted. I've done my profile several times and the items I received never changed. I would specify that I didn't want perfumes and I would still receive them. It wast the same for some of the other items.

I might subscribe to Birchbox again in the future, but I really think I'll stick with my Ipsy for the time being.