Subtle And Gradual Self-tanners

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Paige Hilderbrand • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Paige Hilderbrand

Paige HilderbrandNew Member

Threads:
    If you've got pale skin, then you understand that sometimes laying out just isn't enough. When summer rolls around and you're looking to get a head start on that sun-kissed glow, you may start thinking about using a self-tanner. I avoid spray tans because they come off easily and if not done correctly, could appear orange. Last summer, I came across Jergens Natural Glow Lotion which claims to "gradually create a flawless natural-looking color." So, I decided to try it out. I first tried the one for light to medium skin tones, since I am so pale. But I found that after using the entire bottle, I had not seen much of a difference. So, then I tried the formula for medium to dark skin, thinking it would make a more noticeable difference, and it did. It generally made me appear tanner, but it left certain areas of skin appear orange, or darker than the rest of me, I almost looked dirty. Then, I discovered if you combine a squirt of the self-tanner with your regular lotion after getting out of the shower or bath, those spots do not appear, and you're still left with that gradual but noticeable sun-kissed look. So, I would say that after some trial and error, it is an overall good product. What are your experiences with self-tanners?