Subway Vs Chipotle

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by TheViper • Nov 12, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I have always been a fan of Subway since I saw that Jared commercial. Now, recently I have visited a local Chipotle and it changed my whole view on life. What do you guys think about Subway compared to Chipotle?

In my opinion Chipotle is ten times better.

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    It's hard to compare sandwiches to primarily Mexican food. I like subway for its variety of sandwiches. Chipotles is good if I am in the mood for Mexican food but I find Subway much lighter and easier to buy for a large group since you can mix it up and there is something for everyone. I also think it is more economical on a per person basis.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of my mexican food but you can't really compare something like Chipotle to Subway, can you? Two very different kind of foods, so it boils down to mood and tastes. I personally prefer Subway for the freshness of their subs.

4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The problem is that I always find people comparing Subway and Chipotle. While I do like Subway sandwiches and the ease of ordering. I find that Subway really isn't all the healthy as they claim.

If I had the choice I would choose chipotle over subway but I wouldn't stop buying subway.

5. SpiralArchitect

Threads:
    How so? In my experience, I've always found the vegetables they use to be decently fresh. Not so sure about the bread they use but I see no reason for it to not be fresh as well. The food in itself isn't the healthiest around but its definitely fresh.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    So, the reason for this comparison would be the health benefits of the restaurants?

If that is the case, each place has you as the creator of what you are eating. There are a range of items to choose from. At Subway you can get a foot long sandwich with meatballs and roast beef and salami and mayo OR a six inch turkey breast with veggies. Whether it is healthy kind of rests in your hands. I feel similarly about Chipotle. You can get a burrito loaded with pork, sour cream, and cheese or a salad with protein.
    The only real difference for me is the way Chipotle goes about their ingredients. There has been a lot of talk about the factories Subway gets its meats from. Chipotle seems to have prided itself on using organic and local produce when practical & meat without antibiotics or added hormones. The other level to that is cost. You get less at Chipotle for the same price of something from Subway. So, in that, you weigh whether it was worth it. I do prefer Chipotle.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love subway but have never tried chipotle never even heard of the place. I never seen any in my town but I love trying new things so maybe one day I will have the chance to come by one and try it out.

8. SpiralArchitect

Threads:
    Not really but getting fresh food never hurt anyone.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually really like Subway, and if you had compared it with any other regular fast food chains I would have chosen it. However, Chipottle is my all time favorite, they stuff is really fresh and their burrito bowl is amazing! Unfortunately where I live right now there are no Chipottle restaurants, so I miss it dearly!

10. RazKnows

RazKnowsNew Member

Threads:
    Subway>Chipotle. No question there, I don't even eat at Chipotle due to them not having always fresh food for you to eat.

11. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I like both restaurants. It just depends on the flavor seek out that day for you. If you want hot fresh cooked meat versus cold processed meat then you will choose Chipolte. If you want to watch your calorie intake, maybe you need to go to Subway. There are a variety of different kinds of meats, sandwiches, and salads at Subway, but only three meats at Chipolte. I would compare Jimmy John's with Subway instead.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Despite Subway has a large variety of sandwiches, overtime it's becoming boring eat just the same cold food over an over, so I found in Chipotle a really good option to me.

I don't care if they have less meat variety, what it's really worth is the taste of the food compared with that of Subway.

13. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    I will never go to Chipotle again. I went there because I had a gift card and we had just gotten a new one in town. I was excited because I love Mexican food. However after my first bite into the chicken taco that I got, I was done. All of the chicken "meat" was gristle and ligaments. There was no meat at all. It was absolutely disgusting. I brought it to the manager's attention and he simply offered me a free chicken taco. I politely declined and walked out. Will never return again.

14. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    Chipotle is a favorite of ours. We also like Subway on occasion, but Chipotle would get my vote!

15. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually never been to Chipotle but have heard of it, may try it sometime. I do like subway for now.

16. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I think they are about even in taste. I like both brands though, I mean I can go for both of them on anyday. I don't know which brand I actually favor over the other you know? Although if I had to choose I would probably go with Sub Way, because of the variety.

17. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    It's sort of an odd comparison don't you think? I like both but they're very different restaurants.... Have you heard of Qdoba or is there one near you? Now there's a comparison! They each state they offer the best Mexican food but there are some distinct differences. Try Qdoba if there's one in your area

18. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Subway, but Chipotle is also good. Chipotle is Mexican food, so you would have to be a fan of Mexican food to want to eat there. Subway is also cheaper, in most cases.

19. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I've always been a Subways client because I love how it tastes. I've never been a fan of Mexican food, so I'm not really a Chipotle fan.

20. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I think you're comparing apples to oranges here, really. I don't think they should really be put in the same category TO compare in that way...subs vs. Mexican? Doesn't really sit right with my comparison attempts. If I had to pick between the two for some bizarre reason, I would definitely pick Chipotle, but I like Subway too, just not for the same thing.