Success with scars?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JosieP • Oct 15, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't sure where to post this, because there are various methods of getting rid of scars; not just products. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually succeeded though. The most I've seen is people swearing they prevented them (which they couldn't know) or lightening scars that would have lightened on their own with some time anyway. So let me be clear.. I'm wondering if anyone has been successful at removing scars that they've had a long time. More than a year.

I have a new one.. the product of my fluffies playing like maniacs while we slept and ended up scratching me accidentally. Everything is healed up, but one that seems it will be a visible scar for good and it's pitted in spots along the scar. The pitting is what I'm most concerned with, but I would be thankful to get rid of any of it.. it's not pretty at all lol. I can cover it, but I'm a big baby about this ;)

Any suggestions from others with old war wounds? Tried and true, not through the grapevine or those with newish scars.
    Thanks!

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    My appendix scar is no longer visibly red, but the scar tissue still remains. Other scratches that eventually turned to scars also healed relatively quickly, but the marks remain. I don't think that scars ever do full heal, although within 1-3 years they are all but gone.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that if you use this product called Madera (I know they have it in the US but I don't know where you're located). It's apparently suppose to work really well. It kinda has a smell so I wouldn't go smelling it all the time, and it's a long-term process but apparently it's worked wonders. My friend recommended me this product and while I only used it for a little while, my scar definitely isn't as bumpy or as prominent as before.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of microdermabrasion as a way to treat scars, but I haven't tried it personally. I have a scar on my knee that isn't that visible, but you can tell that the skin looks different if you look at it up close. I don't think creams can take care of scars and that you really have to undergo a dermatology treatment for it to heal. I think that creams can only lessen the dark pigment, like Sebo De Macho for example, it's a local scar removing cream.