Suggestions for useful containers for gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Athenagdlyt • Jul 11, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Gifts can also be a great source of junk, particularly the wrappers ad gift bags. It's good to see a lot of people are more environment conscious now even with gift-wrapping activities. One way to reduce holiday garbage is to use permanent or useful containers as gift wrappers. The receiver will also be getting two gifts in one package: the gift and the container.

Practically anything that has space can take the place of the gift box. Most of the useful containers I have seen used in gift giving are the following:

picnic basket
    hamper
    trash bin
    basin
    dipper
    towel
    mason jars
    crates

Any other suggestions you can add to the list would be great. Thanks!

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I saw this on pinterest the other day and it would be perfect for someone who also likes Starbucks (or any local coffee stores in your area). You know those reusable plastic containers they sell at Starbucks sometimes? The ones with a lid and it's plastic so you can bring it back to refill?

You can put small stuff like stocking-stuff stuff in the mug and the mug/plastic container will act as something to hold the gifts. Plus the receiver can use the mug as well!

The only downside with this is if they don't drink tea/coffee that much. But I suppose they can use it for water or something :)

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you see those chocolates that are packaged in those stainless steel containers? You can use them as containers for your gifts too. Over here we use them as containers for various kinds of items like, for example we use 1 as a sewing kit and the other 1 a container for small items.

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite container to use to give gifts are mason jars. You can get so creative with them; anything from a food mix to several goodies works great! A trash bin is a great idea for a new college student or as a housewarming present. Stuff it with cleaning products and air fresheners and other fun stuff! I also saw the Starbucks cup idea on Pinterest and plan to use it for a Christmas gift. Another idea that I like is using make-up bags. I plan on signing up for Ipsy and they send a make-up bag every month with the products. There's no way I need that many bags (even though I tend to hoard them) so I will probably use some of them to stuff with gifts and pass on!

5. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    Mason jars, trash bins, tin boxes... I love these suggestions! My gifts are always placed in gift bags that have been reused and properly taken care of throughout the years. I even recycle the paper to stuff them in. Unfortunately, wrapping paper doesn't have the same effect... :p