Summer clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Peninha • Jul 1, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When the summer or hot weather comes of course we dress differently because it's hot. :) How differently do you dress when it's summer, is it a completely different set of clothings or you just remove one layer and continue pretty much as in Winter, but lighter?

2. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I switch from jeans/sweatpants/pants to shorts in the summer, and I remove my jacket/hoodie/etc. I usually wear a t-shirt under a sweatshirt in the winter anyways, so I pretty much just remove that.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I switch to a much lighter version for the summer. A tank top and shorts for when I'm
    Not working. Capris and khakis for when I am working. I do not "bundle" up during the winter as I hate feeling bulky in clothes.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't dress as elaborately in the summer as in the winter. In the winter, I like to wear cute layers, etc. but in the summer, it's all about being as cool as possible. I almost always end up in just tanks or tees and jean shorts. However, I do like summer for the sole purpose of being able to wear DRESSES!

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahah, women even in the summer have more options, but I am a guy and I do pretty much like nuka, I just remove the polar sweater I usually have for winter and I stay with T-shirt and jeans, if it's too hot I wear those Nike like sandals and shorts, but shorts not when going to work.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to wear loose cotton clothing during the hotter months of the year. I pack away my winter jackets and jumpers into a drawer and don't look at them until summer is over. For me summer is all about feeling light and easy, and wearing comfortable and minimal clothing is a great way to feel more in touch with myself and the nature around me.

7. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I wear shorts in summer. So yes, I wear completely different clothes in summer. Even if I wear some of my clothes that I wear in winter I don't think I could survive in them. I dehydrate in my shorts, I can only imagine what will happen to me if I wear a jumper or anything else.

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I just switch my pants with shorts and loose the jackets. T-shirts I already wear underneath even in winter so those stay in the summer also. The shoes I change too. I usually wear a cheap pair of flip-flops (not the beach kind). And that's it!

Gotta love summer, easy on the budget and on the wardrobe choices ;)

9. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Well I always wear plain white T-shirts, but in the summer I trade my blue jeans for shorts.

10. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    Living here in Alabama, we have to dress cool. So lots of loose cotton, sun dresses, and shorts. I grew up in Fl. so when I came to Alabama I had to get used to the shorts, they are a lot longer here! When I wore my Fl. shorts, people would stare in a bad way until I figured out that the shorts were longer here,lol.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, is it that important if the shorts are too short or a little bit longer davbo? I mean, how short were you wearing them? :p

My older kid in the summer was wearing sandals all the time, but this year he's crazy about football so he wants to wear sneakers all the time even if they are way hotter... So not everyone cares about how hot it is. :)

12. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I have a separate wardrobe for the summer; I own a bunch of light colored pants, dresses, shorts, none of which you can wear in the winter, so come summer, I take all of it out again. For the winter, my wardrobe consists mostly of sweaters, tights, stuff would not wear in the summer. I wear jeans all year round though, they are the perfect form of clothing for any weather, and they never look out of place!

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the first things I switch in the summer would always be my shoes. I hate wearing closed toe shoes in the heat, my feet get so hot.

I don't wear jeans in the summer to hot and humid where I live. I wear mostly light weight shirts and a skirt which is cooler than pants in the summer. or a dress.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, this looks great really Sam, a separate wardrobe for the summer? I wish I could do that as well. I get to share my wardrobe with my wife, but every time I go there my space seems to be smaller and smaller and her space seems to be bigger and bigger, I don't know what's happening... :)

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live it's pretty hot! But I don't like wearing short shorts and tiny stuff, as I'm a little overweight. So I'll usually wear skirts, dresses, short sleeve blouses and jeans on summer. Not that different from winter to be honest, just lighter stuff. Winter over here is not too cold either, so it's not that different in terms of clothing!

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are Brazilian right isabbbela, so I can't even imagine how hot is there! My wife has gained some weight too and I caught her wanting to buy a swimsuit for the beach because she was ashamed of her belly, but I think this is the wrong way to go, instead of covering ourselves we should make an effort to be fitter and look better, no?

17. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear plain shirts that are light-colored because they let your skin breathe. Also, I love wearing summer dresses because they don't cling too much on the body and you can feel that your sweat is just rolling down from your body. I hate wearing skinny jeans during summer because it makes me have a rash on my legs because it's too tight. Also, it helps if you don't put too much makeup during the summer because it will help you feel cooler overall.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Basically the changes I make are in the feet area, I take out my shoes and socks and I wear sandals. it's easy to understand that if our feet our fresh that will be half way for the rest of the body to be fresh as well. Also, at the top I remove a layer, comparing to winter, but that is something everyone does. Not many men wearing sandals though, I wonder why, don't we have the right to be fresh? :)

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I live in a tropical country, there is no difference in how I wear my clothes, it's always just one layer because we do not have winter over here, only the summer and rainy season. I think having winter could be a burden because of the snow and all that shovelling that you have to do, so I'm thankful that I do not have to do that, plus I have a low tolerance for cold.

20. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I live in South FL, so the question for me would be how different do you dress in the winter, haha. Since I live in a hot climate, my wardrobe consists of shorts, pants (when I need to shave), tank tops, t-shirts, most shirts are without sleeves, and a couple pairs of running shoes and a ton of flip flops. In the winter, when it does get cold for, like, 2 weeks, I bring out my longer shirts and sweat pants to keep warm. Otherwise, its flip flop weather out and that's exactly what I'm wearing! :)