Summer dresses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Jun 18, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When purchasing a summer dress what are the things that you look for? I personally make sure that it is flowy, bright and light. The price can be debated. I recently purchased a dress at an outlet store, it is flowy, a bright orange and very easy to move around in, its also quite short but a pair of shorts can fix that easily. It was about $27. What do you look for?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    For me, the dress has to be flowy, thin, and comfortable too because summer season can get extremely hot here in my town. I like anything that I can match with a skirt or a short and I avoid dark colour dresses.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly, I make sure it's comfortable. Is it comfy to wear? Is it nice and flowy? And most importantly, do I think it'll be comfortable enough to wear in hotter weather? Because that's the entire point, right?

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Generally, is has to a be a light material that won't make you sweat, like cotton or a cotton blend. I'm weird about skirt lengths, so mine never go above the knee. That's mostly because I'm paranoid about the wind flipping my skirt, haha. It also kind of sucks for me, because I hate how light colours look on me and only like dark colors. Do you know how hot you get when 98 percent of your clothing is black?

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I was just thinking about this the other day. I need a few and I will only wear cotton or a cotton mostly blend. Most are made so skimpy and so expensive!

I love the Vermont Country store online, and they have some pretty dresses, they are not all dowdy, lol, even tho old fashioned, and they are so expensive! You are right, they have to be flowy, and that does take material, and so I am still looking.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to buy dresses that I can move in freely and that have no sleeves. My favourite shades are deep red and purple, and I really like small intricate patterns. So usually I go to places that sell bohemian or Indian clothing, that offer dresses made of high quality materials, such as natural cotton. Another important point for me is that the dyes in the dress are not noxious. I usually find the kind of dresses that I like for around $30-$40.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    :D that's why I avoid wearing anything dark or black colour when the sun is too hot outside. It does really adds the heat. But there was once I wore a really light and thin black blouse and I was actually fine... well probably because of the strong breeze.

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The basic elements I look for in a sundress are the following:
    1. It must be sleeveless or has spaghetti straps. My neck and armpits sweat easily during summer and I don't want to feel sticky on those areas.
    2. The fabric must be light, flowy, and breathable material such as muslin and 'm eyelet cotton.
    3. When it comes to colors, I'm partial to white, cream, and pale yellow with minimal prints. I want the dress styles to still be wearable even after a year or two.

9. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    For summer dresses, I like them either long or just above my knees. These two lengths look the best on my body type. I am flexible when it comes to the print. The only thing I don't want is material that's too see-through or paper thin. I don't want to worry about tearing or washing a summer dress by hand.

Cute . . .
    New-2014-Summer-Fashion-print-Chiffon-slit-full-dress-party-sexy-bandage-V-neck-gowns-women.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree and it must be free and flow that it feels good that it could be dragged by the air. What I could add on that is it also has to have bright colors with the designs of flowers and plants. The dress itself must evoke the summer feel not just for the one who wears it, but also for those ones that will see and look at it.

11. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to look for something that is a lightweight breathable fabric. To me there is nothing worse than sweating in a piece of clothing. I also like something that flatters a woman's curves but isn't skin tight, something about super tight in the summer just doesn't work for me. Lastly I like a special little detail to the dress that makes it unique, but that's really just a plus.