Summer Is Here! How To Drink More Water!

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Verity Darkwaters • Jun 19, 2016.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    So, I like many others, may not always get enough water. For a while it seemed I was constantly dehydrated. Which isn't good considering I live in a warm area. That being said, I was shopping at Walmart and was actually looking for a lunch box for my husband when I saw it.

For 2 dollars I got a water bottle that holds 8 glasses of water and I take that with me where ever I go. It was convenient and right there so I would just keep sipping from it. In the beginning I couldn't drink the whole thing, but after a while I could drink nearly two. I felt great.

If you don't want to shell out the 2 dollars, you can do this with an old water jug, juice jug, anything large enough to hold a few glasses of water. Keep it around you and you'll drink from it without even realizing it.

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried it different ways, but I must say, I drink a lot more water when I buy individual serving bottled water and keep it chilled at all times in the fridge. Now, that's not the cheapest route, but I figure my kidneys are worth it. I seriously drink a lot more water this way!

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me it is very easy to do it at work, because I always have a large bottle of water in my desk at all times. I make myself drink the whole bottle every single day, and as a house 1.5L, just that is almost enough water for he day. After I get home I'll have a couple more glasses and that is great enough for the day. But if I am at home all day it's quite harder for me to remember to have it all the time.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say, carrying around a container that has the amount you need for the day is a good idea. I have no trouble remembering in the summer, because I get so thirsty, I just keep hydrating. It's another story in the winter. I try to aim for 2 of those 500ml bottles, but sometimes I get lazy because I just don't feel thirsty! Anybody have the same problem?! I know I still have to keep hydrated, but I sometimes feel too cold to even bother, because even room temperature water can be very cold.

5. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    I use

. If i add my favorite fruits to water, then It's much easier to drink my daily need of water. Two of my favorite water "recipes" are lemon, cucumber and mint (so fresh) and strawberries and orange (so good). The bottle is very nice solution because without it , I always forget to drink, but with infused water bottle, there aren't that problem anymore. And I really love how my fruit water tastes, and I got vitamins from there too.

6. RElizabeth

RElizabethNew Member

Threads:
    I have several water bottles that I rotate through with, a few are always in the fridge so I always have cold water! I also downloaded an app called Plant Nanny-it's free, and it tracks the water you drink and you raise little cartoon plants based on your water intake! I just started using it and it's pretty fun, it's definitely gotten me to drink more water because I don't want my virtual plants to die! :)

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I typically buy a 24 ounce Smart Water bottle and refill it multiple times before throwing it away. I drink 2 a day and feel great after doing so. I get headaches if I do not drink enough water during the day, especially when it is hot outside.

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I stay hydrated constantly because I'm in motion a lot. I used to not drink water much, but once I got into the habit, I started to hate the way it felt to be even a bit dehydrated. I literally have a cup of water with me in this coffee shop because I don't want to drink coffee until I'm hydrated.

9. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    Thanks, I download that app too

10. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    I must admit that drinking water is just not my thing. I know that I need to drink it for hydration, but getting it down my throat has always been a battle. I just drink green tea all day long, spring, summer, autumn and winter. If have to drink water the best I can do is put some lemon in it, then hopefully it will go down my throat, yeah, I know, some of us are just a bit strange, but we will get there.

11. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I can look at my skin and tell I am not drinking enough water. I have to be vigilant as it is easy for me to drink the day away using diet sodas. And we all know there is nothing healthy about diet sodas.

12. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I use a fruit infuser when I'm bored but I also like to drink the flavored water they sell at the coffee franchise. I can't think of the name but it comes in a weird-shaped bottle. I used to drink the flavored Nestle waters until I heard that the preservative used is also a pesticide.

13. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I try to remember to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water a day not just during the summertime but all throughout the year. That said i carry a water bottle around wherever i go, i sometimes drink flavored water as well.

14. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Drinking more water is something that I have been really striving for lately. However, I keep falling short. I have adopted some things that really have helped me. I am completely addicted to my smartphone and always have my nose in it for work or personal things. There are a few free apps that track the amount of water you drink. They even have water reminders that are like little alarms so that you can keep your consumption on track. I didn't have to use them forever. Once I started getting used to drinking more, the reminders and keeping track weren't needed any more. Lately, I have gone back to my old ways though and think I may have to re-download one of those apps.

15. katjamas

katjamasNew Member

Threads:
    Since I work out a lot, I just need to rehydrate myself a lot so for me it's completely natural that I drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. Plus I drink a lot of coffee during the day, which makes the need for water even bigger.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too am a fan of the water bottle. For me, it is easier to take sips throughout the day then stopping to remember to drink a glass of water. That reminds me, I had lost my water bottle and just recently found it again, so I will go back to doing that. I do drink a lot during the day, but it typically like ice teas, or diet sodas or coffee things that are not as good for you, as plain water.

17. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    Being dehydrated is terrible, specially when it's so easy to get water, you just have to remember. What I do this, I downloaded a reminder App and put 9 water alerts everyday. This helps a lot because the reason why I don't remember to drink water is that I'm always so busy on my phone and computer, so why not use these tools as a reminder as well? haha. I think drinking water is important specially in the morning, as when you wake up, your body spent the whole night working and yet you didn't give it any energy.

18. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country and especially when summer is here I drink lots of water throughout the day. Sometimes I would freeze a liter of water in a plastic container overnight and take the frozen water along with me wherever I am going and as the ice thaws out during the day I would have some refreshing, ice cold water.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every summer, I never fail to drink lots of water, because it's quite humid and I get thirsty easily. So not drinking enough water in the summer was never a problem for me.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people think we need more water than we actually do. Thirst tells you when you need it.. your urine tells you as well. Don't forget the other drinks you consume and your food as well. I hardly remember to drink water on its own (more in the summer but not what everyone else thinks is necessary) but I get more than enough through food. My body always tells me I'm getting enough, but I recently punched it in to a tracker and I'm apparently all good before it's even time to get started on lunch. It's not hard to get water..