Sun Burn.....how to deal with it as a first timer

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sulayman • Nov 13, 2013.

1. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    I am african american and all my life i have never experienced sun burn, but recently i have moved to a Hotter country and for the first time in my life i was burnt in the sun. I had my skin pealing and so wanted to get advice on this. How do we go about protecting our skin from the sun.

2. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    You might want to try an oatmeal bath. Sprinkle about a half cup under running water, then soak for awhile. But be careful, the oats make the water very slippery. You could also try a milk and oatmeal bath, here's some instructions if you want to try:

A sunburn can make a person miserable for a day or so. Hope you feel better soon.

3. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    To protect your skin from the sun always wear sunprotector when you are exposed to the sun.

As you already have the sunburn I'd use Aloe Vera (the plant) directly on the skin. If you don't have it a good hydrating cream will also help.

4. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    You don’t have to avoid sunlight completely, and it would be unwise to reduce your level of activity by avoiding the outdoors, because physical activity is important for good health. But too much sunlight can be harmful. There are some steps you can take to limit your exposure to UV rays.

Some people think about sun protection only when they spend a day at the lake, beach, or pool. But sun exposure adds up day after day, and it happens every time you are in the sun. Simply staying in the shade is one of the best ways to limit your UV exposure. If you are going to be in the sun, “Slip! Slop! Slap! and Wrap” is a catch phrase that can help you remember some of the key steps you can take to protect yourself from UV rays:

-Slip on a shirt.
    -Slop on sunscreen.
    -Slap on a hat.
    -Wrap on sunglasses to protect the eyes and sensitive skin around them.