Suncreen Now?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Miaka_M • Jun 18, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    How many of you actually use sunscreen and how much are you willing to pay for it?

The sunscreen that I own cost me about $8 but I don't use it all the time. I've only used it twice because the sun was unbearably hot and my skin was getting baked. My complexion is already a little brown. My brother on the other hand, doesn't use it at all. Is it actually worth the buy?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, sunscreens and sunblocks are really worth to buy. They protect your skin from sun-induced damage that have long-term and even lifetime effects. There's also a high possibility of you getting a skin cancer later on in your life if you are kept on being exposed to sun's harmful rays which could only have take as an effect if you are not protected and the rays could penetrate deep in your skin and do a damage. Sunscreen and sunblocks block these rays from penetrating in your skin, and so you are protected.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Yes of course we use it, and of course it's worth it. It protects you, and your kids from getting sunburnt, and potentially developing skin diseases. More importantly, do you really want to listen to a baby that's been sunburnt? It is always worth it to not have to hear your kids screaming in pain :p

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I only use sunscreen when I know I'm going to be out and about in the sun like at the pool or beach.

I don't spend much on it, though. I just buy cheap sunscreen. I've never noticed any real difference.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm only using a skin lotion when I go outside and I apply it on my hands, legs, neck, and face. Though it is very hot outside during the day time but if I'm not going to be standing under the sun for hours then I will not worry too much.

6. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Not everyone needs to use sun screen. If you are one of those people that burn easily, then you need it. If not, then you dont. Rubbing chemicals on your skin is what people like to do at this point in our history so go for it.

But, you likely dont need to. If you are a healthy person, you shouldnt need any of the products you use on a daily basis. The thing is, a very small percentage of people are healthy.

7. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    There is a conspiracy theory that the chemicals in sun screens cause skin cancer, not the sun itself. Sun screen might block vitamin D from the sun, that protects us from skin cancer. Don't buy sun screen above factor 30 there is no difference in protection it's just marketing.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I use sunscreen everyday, even in the winter. I tend to buy more expensive face sunscreens because they tend to have the consistency that I like, when it comes to sunscreen for the body I am not quite as particular. This past year I started using physical--as opposed to chemical--sunscreens and they are a bit more expensive but supposedly better for you. I have never subscribed to the theory that we only need sunscreen if we burn...even a tan is damage to the skin.

9. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Neutrogena has great sunscreens. Neutrogena smoothly blends in. It is NOT oily. Now the most expensive ones that have the highest SPF blend smoothly and dry quickly.

10. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    The moisturizer AND foundation that I use every day on my face both contain SPF. However, I don't use a normal sunscreen on any other parts of my body unless I'm going to be out in the sun for a very long time in a bathing suit or shorts/t-shirt. It's expensive, for one. But I also don't feel like I need it that often since the time I spend out in the sun is usually very short and sporadic.