Sunflower Seeds

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Animachine • Feb 24, 2013.

1. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge sunflower seed fanatic, and I buy the largest package I can every time I go to the store. It seems like I'm still going through them faster than I can replenish my supply. I thought about buying sunflower seeds in bulk online, but I wasn't sure if they would go bad after a certain period of time and I would be wasting them. Has anyone ever bought sunflower seeds or any snack food in bulk? DO you think it would be a good idea? I was thinking of buying like a 10lb bag to start.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's a LOT of sunflower seeds.

I don't know. I personally never buy food in bulk unless I'm cooking for a party, so I would be very wary of buying ten pounds of sunflower seeds... but it depends. How long do you think it will take you to use them up? Is that a ten month supply for you or ten days?

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If you really go through that many, I would say give it a shot!

They can go bad, but they're more likely to simply get a little stale. So when you get your bag, split it up into more manageable sizes so that the bulk of it isn't regularly getting opened and closed.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a lot of sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are okay but they are dense in calories and I would rather eat something else. They also contain a lot of omega-6 so I wouldn't eat more than a small handful.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not buy seeds in bulk before, as I do not think I can ever finish them before they go expired. If you think you can finish them before they are expired, you can try it out. Perhaps you can also ask if you have other friends who would like to share that one big bulk of sunflower seeds with you, so you will be sure if you can finish them. Moreover, if you like gardening, you can also consider growing your sunflowers and get the seeds.