Sunless Tanner

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Zyni • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried a good sunless tanner? I've used a couple of different versions of self-tanning lotion in the past. I like to try to get at least a little color, plus a little upkeep toward the end of summer, without getting too much sun. I don't do tanning beds. Ever.

Is there a particular tanning lotion you would recommend? One that works well, smells nice, and doesn't cost a lot, would be great.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've tried a variety of lotions and foams but was never pleased with the results. The color that they gave me did not look natural on my skin tone at all, and an even bigger problem was the color was all uneven. In particular, the lotions and foams tend to accumulate in areas such as in between your fingers and toes, along hairlines, basically anywhere where there are crevices. Also, the palms of your hands in particular will get particularly dark, even if you try to scrub it off right away. I've also experienced darkened areas on my elbows and knees, and anywhere where I have rough skin.

The last one I tried was Neutrogena foam. It didn't smell much nor did it smell bad at all, but I unfortunately still experienced the staining issues above.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a few I like but I don't use them as much. Ambre Solaire is a good one and Johnson's Holiday skin as it is a gradual moisturizer and has fair and medium shades.

You should always moisturize first and then add it on afterwards so it doesn't get patchy. Some people prefer to use gloves, but if you have moisturized hands and then wash them afterwards you will be fine. Otherwise some nail polish remover will help get rid of any mistakes.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve used both Victoria’s secret brand and Jergens. Victoria’s Secret is more of a makeup in that it is heavier and stronger. However, it washes off pretty quickly. On the other hand the Jergen’s brand is more gradual but it seems to last a little longer. I’d recommend either of them depending on how fast you want to be tan.

5. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    I had once tried to dollar tree brand mixed with some cocoa butter lotion, since I was afraid that it would turn an odd color if I put it straight on. Unfortunately the opposite happened, after a few days, and eventually even trying the product itself, I was still pale.

Basically, don't be cheap, it won't work. :(