Sunscreen and fitness.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • May 13, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of exercise outdoors. I am looking out the window and the sun has broken through the clouds and I am heading out for a bike ride shortly. One of the things we often forget in the spring is to put on the sunscreen. i tend to be bad for that but I am slowly getting better at it. I have a light sunscreen/moisturizer with an SPF 15 that I use at this time of year if I remember to do so. Later on I will switch to a full SPF 30 sun block. i think that when we are outdoors trying to be healthy we need to pay attention to the other thinks like the sun to ensure we don't overdo it.

Do you make a point to protect your skin when you are getting in some healthy activity outdoors?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always have some sunblock in my sports bag because I know that if I stay long hours in the sun while exercising I might get sunburn and that is something I am not interested in of course. Good tip!

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't like putting anything on my skin. I don't even like putting on lotion. I do use face moisturizers with SPF but that's about it.

The only body protection I have from the sun is my old reliable umbrella. But of course I don't use it during outdoor exercises. :D I love to do my jogging/running exercise at night between 7pm to 9pm so I don't think I need any sunblock at all. :)

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I apply religiously sunblock or sunscreen all over my body whenever I go out, especially to my face. I even use shirts and clothes with built in sun protection. My skin gets damaged whenever I don't use sunblock and it takes time before it has been completely repaired. And often, I would have to attend to my dermatologist to ask for a fast solution and it's just very expensive, far more expensive than applying a generous amount of sunblock on the skin.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I dont even use sun screen. If you have a healthy body then you are good to go. The reason being, poor health usually comes with dry skin. The less healthy you are the drier you are and yes being in the sun with a dry body is no good.

And you should always have water with you with some fresh fruits too. I dont believe in adding unnatural chemicals to the skin.