Super foods

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by gamarklin • Apr 19, 2013.

1. gamarklin

gamarklinNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone had any experience with lentils and beans being some of the best health foods you can eat? I have read where they help you fight cancer diabetes and other diseases. Some doctors call them the super foods

George

2. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Almost everyday, new studies come out saying this and that food is anti-cancer and can fight major diseases. But all these foods are the ones that our grandmothers were asking us to eat--vegetables and fruits. So, it is like saying go back to the basics, go and eat greens and fresh. Go to your backyard and plant fruit bearing trees and dig to plant a vegetable, and stop ordering from fast food and stop buying instantly-cooked packed meals. In short, all vegetables and fruits make us healthy and we should not turn our back from them.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like I've heard so many things called superfood that I don't know what a superfood is anymore. But you're right that beans and lentils are healthy and also pretty inexpensive sources of protein.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard that beans and lentils were super foods. IU switched to a vegan diet last year and have been eating a lot of beans and lentils. I do feel better since I changed my diet, but I can't pin point any one particular food. Overall, I'm eating better. They did help me clean out my gut though. ;)

I also agree that the phrase *super food* is a bit overused. It's being to lose it's meaning.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the whole thing is just hyped up, natural foods like veggies and fruits are inherently healthy to begin with, so maybe they came up with that "Super Food" thing to catch the public's attention and make them eat more healthy foods.