Superhero movies that suck

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Feb 26, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching superhero movies. Batman, Spiderman, The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Green Lantern. . . I've watched most of them. And I've been impressed with a lot of the superhero movies that I watched. However, there are also some superhero movies that suck. Could you mention some?

2. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say "The Green Hornet" That movie was absolutely horrible. Seth Rogan did a horrible job. He didn't make me laugh once. I have no clue what casting director thought that Seth Rogan would make a good Super Hero, but he failed miserably. I was really angry about that because The Green Hornet was my favorite super hero growing up. I wish they would do a remake with someone different as the star actor.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, I'd personally go for Ghost Rider featuring Nicholas Cage. I had such high expectations for this movie. It turn out to be full of crap. The story was awful, action scenes were uninspired. The visuals were a huge let down. I regret watching the movie.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gmac, I enjoyed The Green Hornet, it's not the best movie I've seen, but it's pretty decent. Ghost Rider is bad I agree lindbergh, Nicolas Cage is always a hit and miss kind of guy. I was also disappointed with Iron Man 3, I was expecting so much more!

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I didn't like Green Lantern and I was terribly bored watching it, so I'd pick that. Also, there are the Punisher movies, which were so forgettable I don't even remember anything about them now just a few years later. I'd also agree that Ghost Rider was pretty disappointing, but at least it was cool to see the character itself in live action. I honestly don't like a lot of them that much and find them to be very mediocre, and the only consolation I get from watching these films is that I get to see the drawings I love come to life.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thor: The Dark World.

I'd watched the first movie and thought that the second movie would be much better than the first but how wrong I was. Thor: The Dark World was so bad that I don't intend to watch any more sequels in future.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    One horrible word: Catwoman

However, there are a ton of bad superhero movies that if you do not enjoy good bad movies will make this list:

Daredevil - Please, give me a break. Horrible. Soooo glad they decided to put him up for Batman :rolleyes:
    Elektra - See Daredevil. Great idea.
    90's Fantastic Four - Pretty bad and hilarious.
    Steel - Cast speaks for itself: Shaq
    Supergirl - Pretty hilarious but like I said you have to appreciate bad films
    The Phantom - Are you kidding me?

8. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    Does Catwoman even count as a superhero movie?? If it does, that was awful, just terrible. Though Halle Berry was gorgeous as always.

If you've ever watched George Clooney's Batman, you'll truly appreciate how far the Batman franchise has come. Clooney's Batman was definitely entertaining, but it was truly a bad time for Batman.
    Spiderman 3 was also a Superhero movie I thought sucked. The newest one (Emma Stone <3) was a great revamp, but Tobey Maguire was just not the right choice for Spiderman.

9. JJ Jason Johns Leo

JJ Jason Johns LeoNew Member

Threads:
    For me, hmmmmm, well there was Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Catwoman, Spiderman (Tobey Maguire vs Dr. Oc) and The Phantom

10. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Agreed! This movie had so much buildup, then he defeated the main villain in like 2 minutes. There was hardly any action (which is the selling point for superhero movies), no character development, and a weak plot. When it was finished I literally said, "Is that all?"

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Ghost Rider and Green Lantern. Bought of those movies to me were really horrible. I was waiting for epic endings and the movie seem to keep the same pace from the beginning until the end. With two of those movies at the end of them I sat thinking what did I really just sit through. The plots were garbage and most of the characters where really shallow and the story was not even worth it.

12. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I rather liked The Green Hornet. I'm not a huge fan of Seth Rogen, but his twist on the character as a spoiled brat wasn't bad. I'll also take any excuse to watch a Christoph Waltz movie.

As for bad superhero movies: Ghostriders one and two were bad; Ben Affleck's Daredevil was not great (though the director's cut is better); Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are stinkers, especially the latter; the Fantastic Four movies are meh (haven't seen the newest, but it sounds like it's possible the worst of the three); X-Men 3 was pretty bad; Wolverine Origins sucked; Green Lantern did not wow me; Spider-Man 3 went overboard, and kinda ruined Venom; and the last two Spider-Mans were... eh.

In complete and utter honesty I was also not a huge fan of The Avengers. I prefer movies that focus on a few characters, and there was too much competition for the limelight. Loki was an okay villain - though I thought he did better in Thor - but the aliens working for him were so incredibly generic that I don't think they were ever even named in the movie. Meh meh meh. The main exception was the Hulk, who, after a few bleh movies, had some awesome moments. Overall, though, stuff like The Winter Soldier, which focused on a few characters, was much better.

I'm a bit worried about Civil War in that sense since Marvel seems determined to cram as many characters as humanly possible into what I thought was supposed to be a Captain America movie.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If we are going to get on the subject of superhero movies that suck, then I would say that they all do? Lol. I think there was only ever one that I enjoyed, and I watched it for the first time when I was younger, but I still understood it and found it funny. It was a superhero movie with Eddie Murphy in it, and he would wear a green and silver outfit? That's the only superhero movie that I enjoyed.

14. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think the Batman movies were that great. I just thought the characters were unrealistic and it was just bad. I just don't like them very much. The Superman movies however, I really liked. Especially the newer ones The Amazing Spiderman and 2. It always had good acting, I could get into the movie, etc. They had pretty good graphics too. There aren't too many superhero movies that I like. The Fantastic Four for example wasn't that great. For the most part this genre isn't for me.

15. Halber

HalberNew Member

Threads:
    I thought Iron Man 3 was really bad. The entire story was butchered, with meaningless characters and deus ex machina plot twists. That and they technically destroyed Iron Man. R.I.P.
    The first Iron Man was really good though. I wish they continued with that similar theme. The second one was O.K, but the villain didn't par with the villain from the first movie.

16. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Here's where I show my age:D. I loved the 1989 batman movie, especially Jack Nicholson and the soundtrack. The weirdest was a Robert Townsend movie called Meteor man.

Title character was a schoolteacher by day and lived at home with his parents. I don't remember a love interest but I do remember a young Don Cheadle with a blonde flat top. Bill Cosby was in it also but he had no lines. James earl Jones character kept changing toupees.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Green Lantern, Daredevil.. any Batman movies with Bale in them. It's not the movie, so much as the voice. I couldn't take Batman seriously when he sounded like Cookie Monster, so I put those movies on the back burner. Oh and Superman Returns. Superman will always be my fave.. I grew up with him; such a soft spot for him. But Superman Returns made me lose all faith in there ever being someone who could fill those shoes. Or that they would ever write him correctly.. they just weren't able to do him justice since Reeve. Until Cavill. I think they did a great job casting him and the writing is old school skill. We'll see if they go on to butcher him in the upcoming movie with Batman (I mean ruin the character.. Batman couldn't butcher Superman, c'mon now lol).

18. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Having just seen Big Hero 6, I must reluctantly add it to the pile of bad superhero movies. I know it was at least moderately popular, and I didn't out-and-out hate it, but it was ultimately so meh compared to my expectations. It started out really well, and Baymax remained a source of entertainment throughout the movie, but the rest of the heroes... and the villain... kind of a letdown. I would've preferred Baymax and whatsisface remain a partnership, with everyone else stripped away and discarded.

19. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Man of Steel is the worst superhero movie I've watched. The first half is an awkwardly set up slideshow, and the second half is just destruction for the sake of breaking things.
    I'm sure there's worse superhero movies out there, but I had to sit through that movie and dreaded every minute of it. I watched it with some friends and they were all questioning why we decided to pay to watch it.