Supplements?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Khronic • Apr 1, 2013.

1. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    I'm an avid weight lifter and am always in need of supplements like whey and other things that help me get protein and things I need to bulk up. Where do you guys shop for your supplements or better yet save on supplements?

I used to go to places like Vitamin World and GNC, but recently I've been getting supplements straight from the manufacturer online. It saves me a little, but not too much. What do you guys do?

2. WadeWilson

WadeWilsonNew Member

Threads:
    I also order straight from the companies. Saves me a bit but I like that I can cut out the middleman and save some money when shopping for protein. Personally I like IsoPure the best. I has been giving me great results with my normal workout and before this I was on Carnivor Mass. It was doing me well, but the new IsoPure tastes better and has more protein per serving.

3. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    I'll look into IsoPure, I'm always in the market for better protein mixes. I often view taste as just a bonus but more protein per serving is what I look for.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I’m trying to lean out more than bulk up, so I don’t need extra protein outside of my regular healthy diet. But I do take a women’s multivitamin from GNC and fish oil supplements for the omega benefits. I just save by strategically buying the products when they are on sale. My vitamins don’t expire until 2015 so I bought two bottles when there was a good sale in January. I just buy the fish oil from Rexall or Shoppers when there is a really good deal.

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my supplements from health food shops or Walgreens. I've also bought from some online shops but I'm a bit wary buying online. It's so easy these days to make an online shop legit only to find out they get their supplies from some low quality provider.

6. Kuly22

Kuly22New Member

Threads:
    supplements that you use for mass?

7. floridawdw

floridawdwNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to order from Amazon most of the time when I am ordering any type of supplement. If I cannot find the best deal on Amazon I just search for vitamin or supplement discount websites. I also have had a lot of luck going to health food stores like Sprouts or Trader Joes. They have a big selection. I also like that their products are very natural without a lot of unwanted chemicals. The only time I will pay full retail for something is if it is only available from a company, like Beach Body.

8. SuzyLewis

SuzyLewisNew Member

Threads:
    I get my supplements at Walmart.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Creatine is a proven supplement. It works by increasing the number of times ATP can be recycled, which means you will have more energy to do more reps and consequently build more muscle. Creatine is also very cheap so I would definitely recommend it.

10. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I also go to GNC for supplements. But I here is my tip: in some parts of the world, supplements are cheaper. Like one time, my friend who is a pilot gave me a supplement, the same brand that I was taking, and I asked him how much he got it. To my surprise, he got it almost half of how much I bought it from the neighborhood grocery. So since then, every time he has a flight on that state, I ask him to buy me that supplement. He is kind enough to buy me and I am so grateful to him. I really was able to save a lot since then.

11. pearson

pearsonNew Member

Threads:
    Great ideas above here.