Surround sound speakers, worth a purchase?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by prettycolors • Apr 29, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a Logitech surround sound system for my PC a few years ago and I'm still using it as I'd use normal speakers. I live in a small flat so making too much noise is not an option. If I play the music too loud, even once and in the day time, I get a bunch of angry grandmas on my doorstep :( In retrospect, while the sound quality is great, I think it wasn't a good purchase since the system was not cheap and I'm not using it to it's full potential.

What about you, are you owning one?

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think surround sound is a bad thing. There are sets out there that are quite affordably priced. I guess it all depends on how important sound is to you.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I beg to differ, your purchase is a good purchase, the speakers are great, they're doing they're job, the problem is the place where you live in. It's not the speakers fault your neighbors don't like loud music, well anyways, if you really want to experience like surround sound without bothering the oldies, go get a pair of decent headphones.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I experienced the same kind of problem the OP faced when I was living in a town.

I had the hardware, it was working well but the neighbors didn't care much for loud music. However, unlike prettycolors, I could exercise some liberty in the evening when college students who played their music loud came back from school.

p.s If you don't intend to change flats, you could sell the speakers and get yourself a pair of great headphones as suggested by deathbyprayer.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Like you said it is great but at times you can never use it to its full potential. I also have one but I rarely use it to the full volume. This is simply because I have kids around and also it can be irritating to listen to the loud music all along. But when watching a movie, this surround system is what you need.