Swag Bucks

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Sarah C. • Apr 14, 2012.

1. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    I became aware of Swagbucks.com about 3 weeks ago, when I was researching how to make money online. Basically, you join and then you can earn points for filling out surveys, doing online tasks they give you, using their tool bar, trying out free trials etc... You can turn these points into prizes or gift cards. In the three weeks, I have done all of these things I listed, and have earned enough points to buy 5 Amazon.com gift cards that are $5 each. That is $25 in Amaozn gift cards that I can use. I am happy I found this and I am in NO WAY affiliated, other than as I have described. I just wanted to pass this on as it is working for me!

#1Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    I learned this site a long time ago. This site is a scam. When I was banned for using bots, I asked them how they thought I was using bots. I was not. People who have been using bots on the search engine have not been banned, but people who have used it honestly got banned. I know you can cheat the IP system, but I hate to cheat. The trial offers are not high paying as another site I now join pays higher. If you want to take a risk with a few amazon cards, I would recommend you to join.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    As a search engine, they really, really suck.

But I do use them and I've cashed out several times, hehe. I often forget about them, but when I'm going to be searching for something simple, it's nice to get the chance at a few bucks here or there. I always try to make sure I search on Fridays, too, because that's usually their "mega points" day and there are chances at higher prizes each time.

4. MegaZx

MegaZxNew Member

Threads:
    I used this site, and got banned a couple of times. Although I did redeem quite a lot of gift cards from them. They are legit and people do get banned for cheating or for being suspected of cheating. Easy gift cards for little work so that's pretty nice.

5. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    The problem is, is that their site is so heavily infested with bots, that they had to instate a really harsh policy against bot users. This has ultimately ended up in a large amount of false bans.

6. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use this site - never got banned - but found that after the initial few months it seemed that I wasn't getting as many points/money. I haven't found other sites that do the same thing, but also have chosen not to use swagbucks anymore. It just seemed like too much work for not enough outcome after the initial burst. I wish you the best of luck with it though!

7. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I've used Swagbucks for a decent amount of time and I really like it (I've cashed out some Swagbucks into Paypal so :). I love the Friday Mega Points Day too Jessi, you really can win high amounts of bucks (I got two 50's in a row, I'm sure it must have bugged out). I do agree that it seems to be getting harder to get points though. I highly recommend this site!

8. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    You mean, you for $100.00 paypal dollars through the Mega Points Day? or what is the actual currency exchange for "Bucks?"

9. kjscrafts

kjscraftsMember

Threads:
    The currency exchange depends on the prize you get. The best deal is 450 Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card. Paypal is 700 Swagbucks for $5, although it costs less per dollar if you get the higher value Paypal redemptions.

I like watching Swagbucks TV in the background while browsing the web and easily get 5 $5 Amazon cards every month.

10. brentcsi101

brentcsi101New Member

Threads:
    I used this website a few years ago before it took forever to get a prize. I redeemed my points for a free PS3 game and a blue ray movie. It's a legit website, but I know that a lot of people cheat on it right now. That's partly why I don't use it anymore.

11. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    Why would anyone want to cheat on website like this makes no sense. I am very cautious of sites like this one.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm surprised to know I'm the only one who hasn't used it or even heard of it. What do they ask you to do? Is it somewhat similar to CloudCrowd?

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I always go for the Amazon myself, too. It adds up nicely and then come Christmas time, I can buy gifts online without having to take it out of my paycheck (or lackthereof, ha). I just ignore it until the holidays and then budget around what I've earned through Amazon from places like Swagbucks and Mturk.

14. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I have never used Swagbucks, as I have found other similar sites that work well for me. Technically, I have never even heard of swagbucks until right this very moment. I am thinking I may have to go check it out. The more money, the better! :)

15. sam300

sam300New Member

Threads:
    I already know about this and have earned about $75 in total. Really great site, just the surveys are difficult to qualify. Anyway thanks for the share.

16. MegaZx

MegaZxNew Member

Threads:
    I made a lot of money from this website! I made more than a hundred I believe since I've been using it for a long time. I got banned once due to suspicion of botting but I was allowed to recreate after they said it was good. Sadly I lost the items that I redeemed at the time though. It is still easy money overall!

17. Renzaku

RenzakuNew Member

Threads:
    I tried this website a while back. It really just isn't worth it in my opinion. It would take too much time just to get $5 from doing offers and from collecting points from the search engine (and the search engine itself is horrible. almost no relevant searches/results would show up). I, myself stopped using it after I got one $5 Amazon gift card.

18. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I became aware of Swag Bucks about 2 years ago. Although I wouldn't use it for a common search engine all the time, it is a great way to earn some cash. I always cash out in Amazon gift cards as well. I haven't been to the site in a few months however. I do not think it is a scam, however, just a poor search engine.

19. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I've used them myself for years. I have racked up a total of like $400+ in Amazon gift cards through my referrals and such, very legit website and great way to earn stuff on the side.

20. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    ive used the site for a few months, mainly just the search and have earned 85 $ in amazon gift cards. For doing nothing i really cant complain