Sweaty Hands

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by blues • Mar 3, 2015.

1. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    My hands sweat. They sweat a lot, more so than most other people I do. This doesn't only occur when I'm nervous; it occurs everywhere... when I'm on the computer (my mouse hand), when I'm using a pencil, when I'm working out (I'm the type to need to wipe down machines I use because you can legitimately see the sweat gleaning. Gross, I know).

I've started playing Softball and my god does my hand sweat. The glove is basically a sauna for my hand and I have to wipe the sweat off my hand every few catches or else the glove starts sliding around. I know gloves would make you sweat more than normal given their nature but it seems like I sweat way more than my friends. Does anyone know any remedies for this? Someone had suggested to me to buy a glove type that would work regardless of how sweaty the hands are but they're pretty expensive and I don't want to shell out too much since my current glove is relatively new and because I don't know if changing gloves will actually work...

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could buy an antiperspirant which will suppress the production of sweat. I looked around and found out that they contain aluminum salts which block perspiration once the antiperspirant is applied.

If you can't get hold of that then you could try baby powder. Sprinkle your hands with baby powder. It will help a little.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say that instead of trying to treat the symptoms of your sweaty hands with external products, you could go and consult a professional trained in oriental medicine or herbalism, and start treating your excessive sweating from the inside. Sweaty hands usually come along with sweaty feet. Hands and feet have more sweat glands than any other part of the body.
    There are many ways to reduce excessive sweating, and one of them is to get acupuncture or acupressure treatments to harmonize the energies in your body.

4. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    Hm, I bought Certain Dri and will try that out for a bit. I'll pick up some baby powder when I get the chance too. I think I may need to dust my glove or try wearing something underneath it so I don't sweat on it as much, making it all slippery and such.

@Dora M@Dora M I've never heard of acupuncture/acupressure helping out with sweating. Why would unharmonized energies in a body cause sweating?

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about you try a couple of these home remedies, they just might work for you:

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I read some place that there are some mesh like gloves that you can wear inside the mit that help keep your hands dryer. The mesh glove wisk the dampness away from your hands making them feel dryer.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Do not use aluminum anti-perspirant! Aluminum build up in the body is linked to Alzheimers and other problems, not worth it!

One of the easiest things to do for sweaty hands and gloves is to use a little bit of baby powder to absorb the moisture. Where I work we use quite a lot of disposable gloves and some of my co-workers do this on a regular basis because they too have sweaty hands and it's hard to get the gloves on.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Sweaty hands often are because of genes. But if it get really bothersome, you can have it spread with anti-perspirant lotion. If you can't find one, then it would always help to bring a handkerchief to hold with your hand.

9. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    I'm sorry dude...

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Basically, you just gotta hope it will stop someday. My hands started sweateing awfully just last year, and I'm way past puberty.. it just comes, and sometimes it goes. That's all you can do, unfortunately.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My hands only sweat when I am nervous. But in order for actual moisture to form, my hands have to be shaking and everything; I have to be really nervous. I have never heard of a case of sweaty hands, like this before. Maybe you need to consult a medical professional, as much as I do not like doctors.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once saw a TV program where this woman's hands would sweat profusely, even in the cold. She had tried everything, in vain. The only option the doctors offered her was botox injections, and that finally took care of her sweaty palms! I know it's a little out there, but maybe you should consider that if all else fails.